The Wedding

(A/N: I've had this written for a while and wasn't going to post it but today I just felt like it, so here you go. Above is Serena's wedding dress. I hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

By the angel, she was stunning.

Being the person he was, half of Alec's brain was spouting synonyms to describe how beautiful Serena looked in her golden wedding dress, but the other half was trying to scrape together enough dignity to pick up his jaw from the floor.

Jace was beaming just as brightly at his twin as he escorted her down the aisle, Izzy smiling as well from her place behind where Serena would stand, where Serena would officially become her sister.

Her dress was very her, it was simple but still sparkly, with mesh cutouts along her sides and pockets that blended in with the skirt and a thin diamond belt that sat on her waist.

Her blonde hair was in an elegant half up-do, likely the closest Izzy and Maryse could get the girl to a typical fancy up-do that most Shadowhunter women wore on their wedding days.

She may have enjoyed dressing up with Izzy for missions, but for big events, even her own wedding, she'd much rather keep it simple.

He just couldn't quite believe that this was happening, that this gorgeous woman wanted to marry him.

Serena quite literally had her pick of Shadowhunters and Downworlders alike, and yet, she'd still chosen Alec.

It made absolutely no sense to him, or to Jace for that matter, but he wasn't about to dispute it now.

She seemed to be sprinting down the aisle because it seemed like he blinked and she was already taking his hand as he helped her up the stairs, Izzy taking her bouquet of tulips as her brother arranged her dress behind her before taking his place behind Alec.

"You - You are -, " Alec stuttered as she chuckled, her smile dazzling, dazing.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she whispered as she ran the palms of her hands down his lapels. "I like you in gold. Very dashing," she said and he couldn't take it anymore.

"How are you not nervous?"

Her answering smile was nothing but loving.

"Because it's you. I know I'm making the right decision, so what do I have to be nervous about?"

Alec huffed a laugh.

"Well, when you put it like that," he muttered, looking down at his shoes as she beamed brighter.

"It's fine to be nervous," she promised as she turned to Izzy to pull the bracelet from the gold silk cushion she held. "I plan on marrying you either way," she said as she slid it onto his wrist.

The breath he exhaled took his nerves along with it as he turned to Jace to pick up a necklace, Serena carefully turned around to face Izzy who also couldn't stop smiling as Alec placed the necklace around her neck, his long dexterous fingers gently swiping her hair onto her shoulder as he fastened the chain.

Serena's eyes closed as she reached her fingertips up to touch the shimmering teardrop pendant before her eyes flicked to the audience.

Where most Shadowhunter weddings, especially ones involving a Wayland and a Lightwood, would be places for high up people in the Clave to be, the audience was half-filled with Downworlders.

Serena had been appointed Envoy to the Downworlders for almost four years, and this was the first Shadowhunter event that they'd been in attendance for. Getting them in the same room was one thing, getting them to get along was another, but she was working on it.