Chapter 16

I woke up to my maids talking to an official outside my room.

"Good morning," Karen said stepped back into the room and smiled at me.

Chelsea stood out side still and continued to talk.

"What's...?" I pointed to the door, implying that I was confused about who Chelsea was talking to.

"We have a few announcements to tell you," she giggled.

I played along with it and decided to get up.

"Is that a new blanket?" Karen looked at the fuzzy dark green blanket laying on my bed.

"Yes. Prince Ryan sent Tes to give it to me last night."

"How come?"

"I was cold."

"Fair enough."

I walked into the bathroom and splashed some water into my face.

Ah, the mornings at the palace.

I could hear Chelsea walk back into the room and talk to Karen.

"Yes, it's official," she smiled.

"Oh, how wonderful," Karen responded.

I walked out of the bathroom, anxious to hear the news.

"Hey, Chelsea. What's going on?"

"Good morning, Lady Emily," she smiled, "we have some news we need to share with you."

"I'm listening."

"Ready?" She looked over at Karen.

"Tell her," Karen squealed.

"The first thing we want to tell you is that you have to meet with the rest of the selected tomorrow afternoon in the lounge room. More announcements will be made then. But more exciting news is that Amity's former maid, Tes, will become another one of your permanent maids!"

"Now you'll have three!" Karen chimed in.

They giggled and squealed in excitement, but honestly, I didn't want another maid. I'm happy with the two I have. Although, I had to fake some excitement.

"Oh, that's great," I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, we thought you'd be excited," they hugged me.

I stood in the middle of this group hug and waited to be released. Of all the maids I could have gotten, I got the one who was knocked out and scared my friend away.

I sighed and said, "Alright, can you girls help me get ready? I'm going to go to the ladies room for a while and then to see the prince."

"Of course," they released me and
continued to giggle.

They did some simple makeup and applied some foundation, mascara, blush, and some light pink lipstick. I was beginning to learn the names of the makeup they put on.
They also straighten my hair and just when I was about to put on my dress, a knock came on the door. Karen went to go answer it.

Chelsea continued to help me slide into a small dress with tank top sleeves. It had a sweetheart neckline, but had a net looking fabric on top, making the tank top shape. Around the middle of my stomach, it was plain white and silky all the way down to the middle of my thighs. It was simple, but cute.

Karen came back in as I slid some tall white heels on.

"Lady Emily, breakfast is going to be served to your room today. What would like? There is a man out here to take your order."