Department Of Mysteries

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

Today is the day.

I'm allowed back to work today and I cannot be more excited.

I don't think I've been this happy to work since my first day on intern year. I woke up an hour before Draco which meant I've been ready for a while and I now sat next to the bed, just waiting for Draco's alarm to go off.

I sat on the end of the bed just in front of him. Watching his soft snores and looking up at the clock. It was just a matter of minutes before it was to go off and the first thing he'd see was me.

Just like it has been for the past 14 years.

Just as that thought had passed me, the alarm started to go off. I smiled and leant my chin down on his legs. He slowly opened his eyes and immediately looked down to me.

"Morning, my love" I said quietly.

Draco smiled, his eyes still half closed "Someone looks excited" he said, his voice deep and rough.

"And I'm not the only one" I chuckled and looked down at his crouch. Draco groaned and reached over to throw a pillow at me.

The pillow hit me in the face and caused me to fall back. I laughed loudly and stood to my feet "Get up and ready for work, Mr Grumpy"

"Anna" Draco rolled over and dug his face into the remaining pillow.

"Yeah?" I turned around to face him.

"It's Saturday, sweetheart"

Wait.

You're fucking kidding me.

"What?" I rose an eyebrow "But my phone said—"

"I've told you so many times to get that damn thing fixed or let me buy you a new one. This is the second time this has happened" Draco said as he rolled to his back and stared at me.

"So you're telling me that I've gotta spend another two days in this house?" I groaned loudly and collapsed backwards on the bed. I landed right next to Draco and that gave him an opportunity to wrap his arm lazily around my waist.

"I'm here" He smiled.

"Fuck that" I sighed and rolled over to wrap myself back in the blanket "I've been up since 6 am, Draco"

Draco only laughed.

"Have a nap" Draco suggested.

"I'm not tired" I sighed.

"Well... I could give you a few ideas of how to be" Draco reached over and kissed my upper arm. I groaned and turned over to face him properly.

I was so eager to get back to work today. Excited to finally distract myself from what has been happening and yet, I still have to spend another two days in my own pit of doubtful thoughts and worries.

"I just want to get out and do something that's not gonna put me in danger" I groaned and sat up, unintentionally ignoring Draco's affection. He sighed and sat up with me.

"I know, my love" he kissed my cheek "I have some errands to run at the Ministry today, wanna come?"

"Do I have to change?" I said as I looked down at my dark blue hospital scrubs and thought that I couldn't be bothered to change.

"Wear whatever you like but I'm going to get dressed" He smiled and then stepped from the blanket, onto the floor "Go downstairs and wait, I'll only be five minutes"

"Ok"

It's been a long time since I've stepped foot in the Ministry. I haven't been here since Scorpius' first court hearing and that was almost 14 years ago. Sure I've dropped by for a quick second but haven't actually stopped to look around at everyone so busy.