Part Nine

warnings: NWH spoilers, and it's confusing keeping track of names and so much dialogue, I'm sorry i tried to break it up a bit :/

a/n: enjoy >:)

"Okay so, uh... Connors, Marko, Dillon, and um..." Peter-of-this-world hesitated. He set aside the cure for Goblin. "Uh, look, I think that I can repair the devices for Dillon and Marko, but the others..."

"Oh, I got Connors," identical-but-older-Peter said cockily. "I've already cured him once, so no big deal." Everyone looked at him – you even added a raised eyebrow. "What? It's no big deal."

"I think I can make an anti-serum for Doctor Osborn," youth-pastor-Peter said. "Been thinking about it a long time."

You noticed Peter's hesitance, as did youth-pastor-Peter.

"We gotta heal all of 'em, right?" youth-pastor-Peter said quietly.

"Yeah, yeah," Peter-of-this-world mumbled.

You looked at him for a moment before turning to face your Peter.

"Is Doctor Connors the–"

"Lizard?" Peter interjected. "Yeah. But the other Peter has it covered, so..."

He shrugged, and you looked over at the other three Peters, watching them work. They all had similar mannerisms, and they all seemed to be working hard. Your Peter gave your hand a squeeze before going over to talk to identical-but-older-Peter. After a moment you walked over to youth-pastor-Peter.

"Hi," he said softly after you'd been watching him work for a few moments.

"Um... hi," you replied, equally as soft.

Youth-pastor-Peter looked up from his work, a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

You looked over to Peter rather than replying. He was looking at identical-but-older-Peter intently, listening to him talk. Just the sight of him made your chest squeeze. Youth-pastor-Peter looked over in the direction you were looking, and he smiled sadly.

"You don't wanna leave him, huh?"

You shook your head sadly.

"Peter!" Ned called.

All four heads swivelled in his direction.

"Yeah?" they all said at once. "Oh, sorry. Did you mean-"

They all pointed at each other.

"Peter, Peter?" Ned tried.

"We're all called Peter," they all said again.

"Peter Parker?"

"Same again..." youth-pastor-Peter and Peter-of-this-world said.

"We're all Peter Parker," your Peter and identical-but-older-Peter said.

"It's uh... the computer!" Ned said.

Peter-of-this-world got up and looked at the computer, before nodding.

"I'm done," he said.

"Me too," identical-but-older-Peter said, holding his cure in his hand. "Okay, so now all we gotta do is lure these guys some place, right? Try to cure them while they try to kill us, and then send them home."

Send them home. And the rest of you. You would all go home and... and you may never see Peter again. You really didn't want to think about that.

After a few more words and the creation of a plan, Ned created a portal, and the four Spidermen stepped through. You went to follow, when identical-but-older-Peter stopped you.