Chapter sixteen

I want to go home.

—————

It feels like a hundred hours have gone by with hundreds of tests when I'm finally allowed to see my brothers again.

I'm in this hospital bed that's gigantic and uncomfortable at the same time as nurses drive me to our apparent private room in this hospital.

When the doors of the private room get opened I'm immediately taken out of the bed by Acey.

He wraps me up in his arms and holds me close to him, "you okay Al? I was so worried about you" he tells me softly while holding me tight.

"Yeah, I just missed you" I tell him while wrapping my own arms around him.

He smiles and kisses my head before sitting down with me cuddled into his side.

A doctor walks into the room with a clipboard in his hands.

"I have the results to your tests miss. Romano" he speaks up

I nod my head as he continues talking, "I'm sorry to inform you but you do indeed have kidney cancer miss.Romano.-" he starts as I see tears form in my brothers their eyes, "-however since we found it at a pretty early stage, there is still hope. We will start with surgery where we will try to remove all the cancer cells as well as your lump on your back. If however the cancer has spread all over your kidneys then we will have to seek other types op treatments." He says.

I nod my head.

"Tomorrow evening you will get your surgery done and after that we will discuss the next steps, is that okay for you?" He asks me.

I just nod my head, "okay" I whisper nervously.

"Since you have surgery tomorrow, you can't eat anything until then, okay" the doctor informs me.

"Yeah, that's okay" I tell him.

It's a relief honestly.

Eating so much is hard like actually.

It's difficult to keep down.

The doctor soon leaves as I just stay here wrapped in Acey's arms.

"I'm scared" I tell him.

"Why?" He asks me.

"Because-....they're going to cut me open" I say nervously.

He looks down at me and smiles reassuringly, "it'll be okay, Al. I will be with you before the surgery and when you wake up I'll be here for you too, I promise you that. Everything will be okay" he tells me while hugging me tightly.

I nod my head and try to forget about everything around me that includes my cancer.

"Can we watch victorious?" I ask Acey who smiles an fonds his head.

"Sure, come on, let's lie down in your bed" he says softly while picking me up and sitting back down but now in the hospital bed that's much more comfortable then the one I had before.