Chapter 59

Chapter 59: Game Protagonist?

Somewhere in Domino City, a few days after the events of Duelist Kingdom, a 19-year-old young man was seen walking around the road of Domino City. People who see him pause in their walks and actions. They stared at the young man intensely and some people had an entrance look on their faces. Yuei Vu who noticed their stares endured the uncomfortable atmosphere.

His walk became tense and he was prepared to run if the worse scenario had come. He was worried that some of these people would have impure intentions toward him and decide to take him for their nefarious plans and desires.

Even a young little girl wasn't safe from his wary gaze. He mustn't let his guard down.

Even an ordinary person must be hiding a huge secret. This little girl appears to be an ordinary primary student, but maybe she is a magical girl!

Yuri Vu shook his head out of his ridiculous but reasonable thoughts. No, even if it was possible in this world, this is a reality where supernatural card games prevail over magical girls fighting each other.

[ Name: Yuei Vu (Su Yu)
Category: NPC (former player)
Level: 1
Charm: 95
Luck: 20
Endurance: 35
Stamina: 3/3

Remarks: Mediocre, working hard to become a professional duelist ]

Originally, Su Yu. Now called Yuei Vu was someone who wasn't from this world. In his former world, he was just a newbie player of their world-famous black-edge cutting world technology of their world called World Link Online.

World Link Online is a virtual reality Card Game based on the famous anime Yugioh. Some people may have been skeptical about the game because Yugioh was a card game. But the company that created the World Link Online has promised that it wasn't just a card game but with MMORPG elements added to it.

Not only was that, but the game also featured original storylines, characters, and plotlines. The game also contained a high degree of freedom and you can go anywhere you want. Indeed, once the players have started playing the game, some players have discovered and unlocked interesting stories and plots. They were also rewarded with a coupon, spars, and cards.

The company also reminded them that the game was out of their control and was controlled by their A.I. Ultra Super Computer System.

As for how Su Yu knows them, other than being transported into this world, Su Yu was originally from the future. But after logging in to the game, as usual, he suddenly found that he had traveled back a few years into the past.

How did Su Yu know that this is a case of real-time travel dimension traveling instead of a normal game, it's simple. He can feel the pain and the log-out button disappears.

Then, he must be trapped in the game right?

Wrong. Other than the log-out button, he can't find any of the players who were playing the game. A message was also sent to him after he found himself in Domino City before the message disappeared.

From now on, his old name was meaningless in this world. Yuei Vu, that was what would he be called from now on.

Passing by a billboard, it seems there's a month and one week before the chapter of the Duel City and the official start of the World Link Online starts.

Since arriving in this world, Yuei Vu thinks that the players weren't simply playing a game but had their souls and in-game avatars transported to this world.

Sighing, Yuei Vu decided to cover his face and possibly look where he could stay and eat.

He hasn't eaten food for at least half a day!

And maybe, he would unlock some quests that were mentioned by players in the forum before and get cards other than his pure elemental hero deck.

Yuei Vu continued to walk around Domino City looking for somewhere he could stay temporarily.

It has been a few days since the Duel Kingdom, and there was currently a Fake Clone Tokio who was being controlled by the System and can't communicate with its Host right now.

It was fulfilling its host role of being a lazy ass and it seems that he was doing well on not being discovered as a fake Tokio despite being looking emotionless and cold sometimes.

Despite its imperfect acting, the system wouldn't be suspected because the clone that the host has painstakingly bought for an amount of 15,000 points is 100% identical to the host.

Blood type, allergy to peanuts, its sickly body, etc.

If Tokio could see the system right now, he would realize that it was fulfilling its role obediently.

But if he saw Yuei Vu the dimension-hopping time-traveling former player turned NPC, Tokio's brain would cease to function and shut down. Then it would follow by losing consciousness as his worldview collapsed and his mind broke down.

He wasn't prepared for this shit.

Thankfully, he was currently traveling into the shadow realm and in search of the two rare card hunters with four of his cards in the inventory turned duel spirits with him.

----------------------------------

      After traveling to vast grasslands for around 3 days, Tokio and the 4 duel spirits with him could finally see the end of the grassland.

{ Master, we're here! Can you see it? There's a city on the horizon! }

{ Hey, Al-chan! Wake up! }

{ Shut up Aka! Wake me up again later when we arrive in the city... I want to sleep. }

{ Seriously... Staying with Sla-chan has caused you to inherit some of her traits. }

{ Be quiet... }

The fourth duel spirit remained quiet and stayed silent beside Tokio and glanced through the glass windows of the bus that they were riding on.

After days of monotone black-purple grassland, Tokio could finally see something new. But at least, Tokio's days that he spent traveling were made easier since the 4 duel spirits saved him.

Tour Guide of the Underworld who was currently driving the shadow bus right now.

Alchemy and Akashic magician who doesn't seem to be close to Alchemy and Slacker magician. Alchemy and Akashic magician are rivals with a little hostility from Alchemy towards Akashic.

And finally, his 4th duel spirit was the odd one among the group of duel spirit ladies. Crowley, the Magistus of Grimoires was a young version of the infamous Crowley of Invoker Deck.

The 4 of them have made his travel easier and Tokio has protection from those crazy and mad duel monsters who wanted to eat Tokio for the past few days. The Shadow Realm was truly a terrifying place.

Suddenly, Tokio who was deep I thought heard the shout of the Tour Guide of the Underworld.

{ Master! This is bad! I can't seem to control the tour bus! }

'Not again with her clumsy driving skills!'

Tokio thought inside his mind.

He learned in the past days that more things were terrifying than those monsters.

{ What the hell tour guide?! }

{ No, my potion recipe! }

{ Master, should we help her? }

" Tour guide.. "

{ I'm sorry! }

What was more terrifying than those monsters were this Tour Guide's disastrous driving skills.