Chapter Seven

Nora had not seen or spoken to Sage in the last two days, she leaned her head against the window as Tammy drove her to the SnowDancer den. She knew she had made a mistake; she had rejected Sage and he had accepted it. Her hand rubbed over her chest; the ache intensified at the memory.

"You ok sweetheart?" Tammy's soft voice broke her out of her thoughts. Nora shook, trying to shake the memory to the back of her mind. She cleared her throat.

"I will be, I am excited and very grateful for this opportunity." She smiled, meaning every word. She was excited, this was her first time truly out of DarkRiver.

"I promise I have good ears and tight lips." Tammy smiled at her. Nora grinned.

"I know." She had told Tammy a lot of her pain when her father had passed, not wanting to burden her mother. The healer had been attentive and made sure to keep her trust by letting her talk out her pain and concerns. They pulled up, Lara waving at them with a big smile. she walked up to the passenger side and opened the door before Nora could.

"I could NOT be more excited!" she beamed.

"Really?" Nora felt a little shy, she smiled back at the warm healer.

"Of course! Not only do I get to work along side Tammy again but the bonus of having such a talented apprentice makes my heart sing."

"Mind letting our apprentice out the car?" Tammy laughed. Lara grinned, stepping to the side and grabbing Nora's bag. A male walked up, his expression stoic but the power rolling off him had Nora shrinking hoping not to gain his attention. His ice blue eyes missed nothing, he took the bags from Lara, heading back to the den.

"That's Judd, he would never hurt you. He offered to carry your bags and "help" me" Lara scoffed at the last part. Her hands on her hips. Nora's eyes widened as she looked over the healer.

"Your pregnant." She blurted.

"Barely, don't think you can go soft on me." She growled, pointing a finger at her. Nora lowered her eyes, but her lips tugged up, she may be submissive but she vowed to one day be the pack healer.

"I won't." she agreed.

Sage had kept himself busy for the last two days, his heart ached at the rejection Nora dealt him. He cursed as he broke his camera, he loved doing the journalism and getting in on the action, hunting a story.

"Damn, something got you mad." Tamara whistled. She was his partner for the story they were currently following.

"Yeah." He growled, hoping to warn her off the subject. Tamara was never one to back down, she was a dominant female. He knew he was more dominant but that didn't stop her from getting her jabs in.

"What did you do?" Tamara accused, glaring at him.

"Nothing." Sage grumbled.

"Sure, nothing my ass pal. I bet you, you snuck into her house, started banging on your big old monkey chest and demand that she does what you say..." she summed up, using actions to get her summary out. Sage blinked at her, shaking his head at her wild summarization. "Wait, I'm not done." She held her finger at him as he opened his mouth to respond. "In all fairness, you totally snuck into her house, didn't you?" she gave him a look.

"Yes." He shrugged; he had always snuck into her house though he knew Melissa was aware when he was there. The woman could scare him from time to time, but no one would keep him from Nora.

"Sage." Tamara whined, smacking his arm. He rolled his eyes, use to her antics. She walked over to the car, jumping into the passenger seat. He jumped into the driver seat after packing his other camera and they headed into the city.