| xxv ; aftermath

"That should do it."

Shoko gave Y/N a smile as the younger one sat up on the bed. She looked at herself, happy that she was free from her injuries.

"Thank you, Shoko-san," Y/N said.

"You're very welcome," Shoko patted her head. "Although Y/N, your technique..."

Y/N sighed, "I know. It's gotten higher and more unstable, hasn't it?"

Shoko nodded her head. "At this rate, the process to switch to your Cursed Spirit self will shorten and when your human self disappears, you'll-"

"Die," Y/N finished it. "I'll die."

Shoko pursed her lips.

"Please, don't tell anyone about this. Especially Yuta and Gojo-sensei," Y/N looked up at Shoko. "You have to promise me this, Shoko."

The older woman could hear the seriousness in her voice. She sighed before she nodded her head.

"Thank you," Y/N smiled at her. "I'll be heading to my room now, Shoko. Bye~"

Shoko nodded her head and watched Y/N leave the room. Though, unknown to both of them, someone was listening in to their conversation.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"So... Many things happened and some people died," Gojo began. "What do you want to do? Continue the Goodwill event?"

"When you put it like that..." Yuji trailed off as he stood next to Y/N.

"Of course we should continue," Todo said as he sat by the corner of the room, posing cooly.

"Why?" Gojo questioned him.

"First, mourning is only for those close to the people who have passed away. That's not our concern. Second, since people have died, all the more reason we should get stronger. Strength is built based on the accumulation of results; either suffer the defeat or taste victory. That is how we grow. Results are important since they are physical proof!"

Miwa leaned towards Mai, "I didn't expect Todo-senpai to be so serious."

"He's seriously crazy," Mai replied.

"Third, the feeling of not finishing up things in school will make you regret it for a lifetime," Todo finished off.

"How old are you?" Gojo muttered at the solid points Todo gave.

"I don't really mind," Megumi spoke up.

"We will win anyways," Nobara added on.

"It's ridiculous, but it makes sense," Noritoshi commented.

Nishimiya looked up at the 90% bandaged man, "You should just rest, Kamo-san."

"I have no objection," Panda said.

"Salmon."

"Do we decide the individual battles by drawing lots?" Maki questioned.

"What? There are no individual battles this year," Gojo answered.

Everyone looked at Gojo with a question mark on their heads.