SIXTY

LX

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal had to excuse herself from the movie night with Wheezie once the news interrupted their movie saying that John B had been arrested and his sentence was the death penalty.

She didn't hesitate on storming into Wards office without knocking. But little did she realise what she interrupted Rafe and Ward having a seemingly very important conversation.

"Can I help you, Callie?" Ward questioned raising his brows slightly.

"Cal? Are you okay?" Rafe slowly stood up and made his way over to the girl, concern written all over his face once he saw how angry and upset she was.

"You piece of shit." Cal snapped, moving away from Rafe. "You inhumane, worthless, money orientated piece of shit."

With every word, Cal could feel an anger burning inside of her. Rafe came up behind the girl, placing his hands gently on her shoulders, making her relax ever so slightly at his touch.

"What happened?" Rafe whispered.

"John B got the death penalty." Cal spoke confidently, her eyes never leaving Wards.

Her eyes flickered around the room, there was a tea set that was now smashed on the floor and a chair was broken into little pieces. The girl took a moment to then look up at Rafe, who had a hand print embedded into his cheek. His eyes pricked with tears.

"What did you do to him?" Cal questioned, looking back to Ward with darkened eyes.

"Nothing." Ward lied. "John B has the death penalty for killing Peterkin."

Cal scoffed in response, making Rafe tense. No one ever really questioned his father, they were all too scared to go against what he had to say. But he knew better than to think that Cal would go along with him.

"No, Rafe killed Peterkin." Cal seethed towards Ward.

"So go turn him in, save John B." Ward shrugged, almost as if he didn't care.

Rafe looked down at Cal. He knew that she wouldn't do that to him, but the fear that he still had was indescribable. He knew how much John B meant to her.

"He did it for you." Cal hissed. "He killed Peterkin for his father. You should take the fall."

"I'm going to ask you again, Callie." Ward paused. "Rafe or the pogues?"

Cal glanced back up to Rafe. He was her whole world. She'd never felt so strongly about someone before. He made he feel so alive and that was exhilarating. But on the other hand, the pogues were still her family. No matter how badly they were treating her recently.

"I chose Rafe." The girl said with little to no hesitation. "I love him."

"Then enough is said." Ward uttered and walked away before the girl got a chance to say anything back to him.

"He's no better than Luke." Cal turned to face Rafe. She looked up at him through her lashes, her eyes softening once she watched the stray tear roll down his cheek. "Rafe-"

Rafe shook his head, he needed to get some air. So he walked straight outside to the balcony. He rested his hands on the side and took a few deep breaths in and out.

Cal came up behind the boy, her arms wrapping around his waist. Her lips pressing against his shoulder blades. She noticed the way he instantly relaxed at her touch, which made her crack a small smile.

The girl was going to say something, but was quickly cut off by a phone dinging multiple times. Rafe didn't hesitate in walking over to the phone and reading the messages.

"Who is it?" Cal questioned, going to peer over his shoulders just as Wheezie came out.

Rafe grabbed Cal's waist, pulling her in front of him. His hand slipping the phone into her back pocket and his chest resting on her head. He offered a small smile to Wheezie.

"Have you seen my phone?" Wheezie asked curiously.

"What?" Rafe questioned.

Cal furrowed her brows, knowing that it was in fact Wheezie's phone in her back pocket. She didn't understand why Rafe didn't tell her, but she was sure that he had a good reason.

"Have you seen my phone?" The girl repeated.

"No. I haven't seen your phone." Rafe muttered.

"I'll come in and help you look for it in a minute, little dove." Cal offered with a warm and genuine smile. Wheezie nodded thankfully before heading inside.

The red head turned to face Rafe, her hands cupping his cheeks, making him have to tilt his head down to look at her. She could see that he was still hurting and she hated it.

"Whatever you're doing, you have to be careful." Cal whispered, standing up on her tip toes and pressing their lips together.

It was soft and gentle, which was completely opposite to how they usually kissed. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and cupped the back of her neck. His thumb running along her cheek softly.

"I love you Rafe and I won't lose you due to your father." Cal spoke as she pulled away from the boy.

Every time Cal told him that she loved him, his heart swelled and he felt like a teenage girl who had their first crush. She made him so happy, it was hell when she wasn't with him.

"I love you too, sweetheart." Rafe whispered back, pressing their forehead together. "I have to go out for a while. I'll be back."

Cal let go of a defeated sigh, but nodded regardless.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan