dwelling, m.zn (jjk)

dwelling

wc: 0.5k
genre: fluff, established relationship, gn!reader
warnings: none!

Zenin Maki is the last person you expect to see on your bed the moment you'd returned from a mission with Yuuta– though, you fail to not enjoy the slight chance that your girlfriend stays in your room while you're away. She swipes away at her phone, failing to notice your presence as you tread lightly toward the bed, fingers already reaching out for her waist as an instinct.

Maki gasps a little when she feels your warm fingers trail down from the side of her arm to her torso, poking at her plush flesh against your shirt that she wears. "Hi," You say in a lazy mumble, nose finding and pressing against the back of her neck. She elects not to say anything, discarding her phone to the side to shuffle and turn your way.

She shifts a little, ignoring your small whine when she pries your arms off her and pressing her cheek up against your stomach. She breathes in, relieved to smell your scent after being deprived of it for a tad while.

"Hey," Responds Maki, tracing a finger along the creases of the uniform you wear. "How'd it go? R'you okay?" Her murmurs are slightly muffled because she insists on pressing her face into you, having missed you over a span of three whole days.

Your chest blooms with a warm flame that she lights simply by her care. "I'm fine, thank you for asking." Your hands find her cheeks, laying your palms out flat against them, before swiping out the bags from her face. "Yuuta's growing a lot more, y'know. Getting faster with that blade of his."

Maki hums, eyes flitting closed as she enjoys your touch. "I wanna know about you, not about him." The quiet laugh you let out is an attempt to shield your slight surprise and fluster. "I pulled that move I'd been practicing," You mention.

Maki can recall the effort she'd practice with you, though she can't exactly count the amount of times she'd just sat and watched— admired— you. It was nice to hear you'd finally pulled it off, the inevitable feeling of pride registering itself evident on the slight smile you can feel on her lips when she swipes her cheek against your stomach again.

Though she does feel that way, she responds in a simple: "That's cool." You can still hear her pride in those two words nonetheless, responding with a thank you in a whisper.

Maki pauses her tracing, taking the liberty to shift and thread her fingers into yours gingerly, settling her lips on your knuckles. You're flushed now, there's no doubt about that, she can feel your blood surge with how hot your skin turns.

"Hey," You whisper, she hums almost immediately. "I'm a little tired– mind if I sleep a while?" Maki hums again, stroking a little up the skin of your side under your school shirt. "Thank you, love. Wake me up in fifteen minutes."

Though you tell her to, you know very well she won't. Maki enjoys dwelling in time within your hold far too much to care.

a/n: lord almighty help me i am extremely gay for this fictional character T_T