i'll wait for you, always. i.tg (jjk)

wc: 0.5k
genre: fluff, reversed comfort, gn!reader
warnings: none!

Inumaki Toge is the cool headed, calm and collected student everyone aspires to be. Knowing this, he understands to put a good example for his underclassmen, often putting a front with his half-lidded, undisturbed eyes.

Though, in reality he has no idea why he'd be someone anyone looks up to.

It's an unreasonable hour to be awake, but he'd elected the bed was just too hot for him to sleep comfortably in, and his room was too stuffy for him, too, resulting in the opened window.

He paces the room, occasionally stopping to lean on the window frame and take a few moments to just breathe, but in the end it'd always just be too insufferable for him too.

He stretches, scratches his head, fiddles with different things of his scattered around his room, but he can never find himself to just rest. There's a feeling sitting in the pit of his stomach that tells him he should be doing something better than to rest, but he knows very well to ignore it and wait it out.

"Toge?"

The said boy jumps a little. Your voice is faint and muffled by the door, but it's still laced with the sincere tone you like to give. "...Toge? Are you okay?"

He rushes to the door is long yet hurried steps, reaching for the door. Having been a little surprised at the sudden ajar door, you stumble back a little at the sight of your disheveled classmate.

"...hi," You say, reaching out to pat down his untamed hair. Toge, slightly flushed, stays put at your intent, finding comfort in your embrace, though it is a small gesture.

"Konbu," He greets. You smile, "Hi. Again."

It's a quiet moment, but it's sacred. Rarely anyone visits him, so inevitably, Toge elects to relish this moment as long as he can.

"You okay?"

"Takana?"

You enter his room— or rather, he'd ushered you inside— and take a seat on his bed, dipping a little into his side when he plops down next to you.

"Toge," You say, unbothered to mask your concern. "I can hear you pacing from the other room. You can talk to me if there's anything on your mind,"

Literally speaking, no, he can't. And it pains him sometimes. To be given the trust and the opportunity to tell someone how he feels is extremely endearing to him, so the way he looks at you now is self explanatory.

"C-C-"

It's starts off as something stuck in his throat. He urges to push it out because he can't breathe, but it won't budge. Something in him won't let it. The fear of hurting you with what he says eats him up inside, it takes the saying 'words may hurt sharper than a knife' to a whole literal meaning.

When Toge looks at you in a desperate manner, he's met with a proud gaze as you nod patiently, calming him with pats to his knee.

"It's okay, take your time. I'll wait for you. Always."

"C-Can... I hold your hand?"

His words come out slow but steady, in the softest tone you'd ever heard. Smiling, you let his fingers graze yours, "Yeah, of course."

Toge curls his fingers into yours, letting himself rest on your shoulder, fond of the feeling of your cheek pressed against his temple.

The fear of hurting others with just mere words will always haunt him, but knowing you'll wait for him, always, makes up for it.

a/n: imagine inspired by beadaboodee's song: dance with me <3