Chap.23 || Scream

"Everyone's headed here now." fWhip spoke from outside of the room, Gem nodded. She and Scott stood up, Scott went to go help the others prepare the training room while Gem will move everything down to the meeting room. 

The hermits call it a meeting room even though it's a training room cause they normally use it for meetings, Gem went to grab her jar of crystals and headed downstairs. 

On the way, she saw Stress and False chatting whilst walking to her base. "Meeting downstairs!" Gem yelled, False and Stress looked at her and nodded. Gem headed down the stairs first and went into the meeting room, she placed the jar of crystals on the desk inside and waited for the other hermits to arrive. 

The meeting room/training room was pretty large since there were many hermits, there was a board with all their plans, a desk and chair, some random training equipment, and some other stuff the hermits put there. 

When they have training they would take turns fighting each other while the 5 (Gem, fWhip, Pearl, X, and Scott.) correct them or say some tips to improve their skills. Then they would do some other random stuff I don't know cause I didn't plan this at all. 

Gem sat on the chair, some hermits had already arrived, then she looked at a door that appeared in the room. The 5 had not really secretly built many and I mean many rooms for the hermits if they needed to stay the night. 

After some time of waiting everyone finally arrived, X quickly shushed the hermits before looking at Gem telling her to start. 

"Right, everyone, you may be wondering why I called this meeting." She started, "So we found out that Scott had accidentally found Xornoth's base." Many gasps were heard, "But we also have some bad news." Gem paused for a moment, "Iskall is missing." 

Many gasps and 'what?!' were heard from the crowd of hermits, X once again shushed them before telling Gem to continue. "We have been trying to locate him but we have no luck." She trailed off. 

"But, this is how we can see if Iskall's alive." Gem said taking a jar and showing it to the hermits, "If this crystal is white it means that Iskall is alive, if it's black it means y'know..." Gem trailed off, not wanting to continue the sentence. 

"Gem!" Zedaph raised his arm, "Why is that crystal flickering?" He pointed towards Grian's crystal which was flickering red and white, a quiet "Oh dear..." was heard from Gem. 

Gem placed the jar she was holding back down and picked up Grian's. "Is something wrong?" Doc asks, "Yeah, if it's flickering like this it means Grian might be hurt badly." She sighed. 

All the hermit's eyes widened, but no one dared to speak up. 

"That's why we need to attack as soon as possible, Grian might be Xornoth's target so we need to attack." Gem explained, "Wait why do we have to attack soon?" fWhip spoke up, "It's because Xornoth will kill one of us if we don't, I don't exactly know the reason but we'll have to attack." 

All the hermits hesitantly nodded, "You will all need to grab your weapons at your bases but come back here cause you will be staying the night, we'll be reviewing the plan tomorrow morning." As Gem finished her explanation, everyone ran out of the room and headed to their bases. 

Gem sighed before walking over to X, "Hey X, how're you doing?" X scratched the back of his neck, "I'm doing good, definitely needed that sleep." He chuckled, "I knew you would, make sure to rest enough before tackling more admin duties." 

X nodded before walking over to fWhip who seemed to be struggling with his admin panel, Gem smiled before turning her attention back to the flickering crystal sitting in the jar. She didn't know what was happening or what had happened to Grian, but she would just hope that he was okay. 

Soon, the hermits started arriving back in the meeting room, swords or axes in hand. Once all the hermits arrived, Gem led them to a hallway where all their rooms were. All the rooms had each of the hermits names on the door and the interior was decorated based on each hermits base.

Everyone thanked Gem and headed to their respective rooms, they all settled in, placing their tools and weapons in a chest provided in the room. The room was pretty spacious, there was a small seating area, a bed at the back of the room, a bathroom, some chests near the seating area, and a small kitchen. 

Once settled in, they headed outside or into someone else's room to have a chat or do an activity. Some hermits decided to stay in their rooms, some decided to chat with other hermits, and some were training in the training room, some were also annoying other hermits. (*Cough* Grian annoying Mumbo *Cough*)

The training room was very spacious and also has a sitting area where the hermits can sit. False and Pearl were sat on one of the couches, talking about random things. "And that was when I found the first bits of corruption, I didn't know what it was at first so I just replaced it with moss." Peal explained. 

"Really? I would have just kept it there and ignored it." False laughed, "That's probably not gonna work." Pearl giggled, "Also, where's Stress? I haven't seen her in a while and I need to make sure she has all her medical supplies." Pearl added. 

"She's in her room, I'll go get her. " False replied, the blonde stood up and walked into an open door which revealed a hallway. 

She walked along the hallway and stopped at a door with Stress's name on it. 

Stress's room was right next to her own. 

"Hey, Stress! We need you at th-" False said opening the door.

She froze.

Her eyes widened, a silent gasp escaped her lips. 

She let out a blood-curdling scream.