Chapter 10 Axl ❤️ Licah

Axl's POV

"I won't date you." This is the first thing I said when I saw my date for tonight.

"Then why are you here?" Eric asked.

"To tell you that," I told him.

"I admired the bluntness. You can just tell your assistant that you don't like me. Why would you waste time coming here?"

"Because Licah forced me to do so."

"Licah? What a cute name. The name I hate the most as well."

I just stared at him.

"Uhm. My ex-boyfriend's ex-fiance was named Licah John. Imagine that? He can't move on to that guy." I really hate guys with ex-boyfriends.

"I hope his name is not Michael Trent."

"Oh, fuck. How did you know that? Is your assistant Trent's ex-boyfriend?"
He looked so surprised.

"He is. Why don't you just fix your thing with that Trent?"

"Well, the thing is he always mistook me for his ex. He calls me love sometimes accidentally and it's not even our endearment. I just let go because I want him to realize that I am not Licah. He keeps buying me different biscuits and I hate everything." Why is everyone so crazy for that Trent? Was he that good?

We were just talking when Licah appeared in front of our table. He looks like a jealous boyfriend. How cute?!

On our way to the car, this fucking Trent showed up.

I got so pissed and anxious at the same time. I know that Licah liked me way back, but I am not sure how he feels for me now. This is fucking unfortunate that he showed up even before I secured my position at Licah's life.

I gave him one more warning look before we can fully leave the place.

This is scaring the shit of me. I have to trust that small chance that Licah's going to pick me this time. He has to.

In the following days, I keep giving him short notes on his desk. They are just short messages praising him like 'you are beautiful.'

The next week he told me about his plan with meeting Trent. This can't happen yet. Not when he didn't put labels on what we are.

I had this urge to let him meet my beautiful mommy Ira. He is the most comfortable person to talk to. He is too sweet but very straightforward. He never filters things from me. He says what's on his mind.

Fifteen years ago, they decided to settle in our private beach resort. He wants to live somewhere peaceful and quiet.

Actually, I know the reason why. He doesn't like people seeing him as weak so they decided to be away with people. He has a dozen Elites leaving with them and a dog they named Reesy. Take a guess where did they get the name. Yes, mommy Reese bought them a pug. We take alternate schedules in visiting here, but I always come here whenever I am free using our chopper. I just used our van today so I can spend a longer time with Licah on the road.

I waited for two hours outside the condo he is staying to bring him in the resort. It's not the right time to meet his ex yet. It might influence his decision in accepting me when Trent just had entered the picture again.

Licah was so mad that I took him.

Time to meet mommy Ira. Actually, he knows Licah so well. Growing up, it has been always mommy Ira who advises me with everything. That Valentine's day, mommy Ira picked the gifts that I was supposed to give Licah. He said he can feel that Licah is the one for me. Before it's too late, I want to show him Licah and tell mommy Ira that - yes, he is the one for me.