CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: I'VE BEEN
WAITING FOR YOU
(trigger warning: abuse and SA)

     AS MIKE WHEELER FURTHERED his conversation with Max, Dustin, and Steve through his walkie-talkie, Cassie Harrington continued to pace his room back and forth, her mind whirring at the thought of possibly being another victim of Vecna's Curse

AS MIKE WHEELER FURTHERED his conversation with Max, Dustin, and Steve through his walkie-talkie, Cassie Harrington continued to pace his room back and forth, her mind whirring at the thought of possibly being another victim of Vecna's Curse. Now, although she had never consulted with Ms. Kelly, she shared identical symptoms with her deceased patients. She knew this wasn't a coincidence, and the more information she heard from her friends at school, the more the girl began to panic.

Then, suddenly, the chiming sounds of an old grandfather clock quickly captured her attention. Turning her body to face the sound, the girl couldn't quite pinpoint on where it was coming from. Several minutes passed, and the girl couldn't seem to listen any longer. Grabbing the empty glass on the bedside table, Cassie Harrington turned to the boy seated at his desk and spoke, "I'm going to go refill this glass of water. I'll be right back."

To her dismay, Cassie did not receive a response from Mike, for he was too caught up in his conversation with the others that he hadn't heard her speak to him. Letting out a sigh, the girl turned to reach for the door handle. Mindlessly swinging the door open, the girl did not hesitate to walk through the opening.

However, Cassie Harrington was shocked to find that she was not in Mike Wheeler's house anymore. Instead, she was standing in the main entrance of her own house, to which was filled with several people, mostly businessmen and their wives. From her point of view, her parents looked to be hosting another one of their infamous work parties. They would always have them when Steve and Cassie were kids.

Except, they hadn't had one in several years.

"Holy shit," Cassie breathed, her heart racing as she searched around the busy atmosphere. Before her brain could fully process where she was, she found herself being confronted by several different people.

One by one, their voices called to her, "Cassie...Cassie...Cassie..."

Out of all the voices, there was only one that stood out. It came from a man, standing a few feet away, hunched over in the corner of the room with a drink in his hand. The man sent a smirk towards the girl, causing her whole body to freeze in panic. She immediately recognized his face. She knew what was about to happen. She had lived this moment before.

Turning away from the man, Cassie quickly weaved through the large crowd, desperately searching for someone to help her. It only took a few moments, but the girl soon found her mother, standing amongst a large group of people, all in conversation.

"Mother, mother help me, please," Cassie pleaded, grabbing her mothers arm.

Multiple heads turned to face the girl, their faces contorting in confusion as they whispered to one another. After noticing this, Mrs. Harrington raised an eyebrow, her head leaning slightly as she looked down at the girl, "Cassandra, why are you causing a scene?"