82

82. A Gentle Ghost

Zhou Nan was so scared that he even forgot to cry. Only the clear tears and snot dripped down pitifully, almost into his mouth. He heard the crisp sound of bare feet stepping on the floor. One step, two steps… It was not too fast, and the person gradually approached him.

A normal person who got scared would have called “Mommy”. But Zhou Nan was different. He called “Chen Ming”, and frantically read the name. He was so scared that he couldn’t run but only shake.

The “person” walked to Zhou Nan step by step, then paused and walked past him.

Zhou Nan couldn’t see which “person” was walking until the iron door was opened and the cold moonlight came in, illuminating a small area at the door.

It was a stylish man with a formal suit and he was looking back at Zhou Nan. He actually looked good in the moonlight. But Zhou Nan couldn’t see his face clearly, because he had his back to the light source.

The man walked past Zhou Nan and went to the door, so Zhou Nan was actually kind of happy for this narrow escape, but he was still trembling, “Uh… could you please… just go, and don’t hurt me…” He guessed that the man was Liu Ming. So he hoped that Liu Ming’s sanity was still there, and that they could communicate with words.

The man paused for a long time before slowly saying three words in a hoarse voice, “I’m… so… sorry…”

Zhou Nan’s tears stopped immediately. There was no need to be afraid of a ghost who was apologizing to him.

“for… scaring… you…” Liu Ming stammered, as if he had not spoken for too long.

Zhou Nan once again thought about these words in his head, and then suddenly realized that this ghost was just so nice! What a gentleman even when he died!

He was instantly moved. He wiped his tears with the sleeves, and then boldly advised, “Then, can you stop going around? Wait here with me for someone to come back.” That “someone” he said was Chen Ming. Once that master came back, everything would be alright.

But Liu Ming shook his head, “I… I want to see… Liu Qi…”

After hearing this, Zhou Nan immediately became nervous. Looking for Liu Qi? Liu Ming might want to avenge himself, and punish the culprit who wronged him? That was not going to work!

Seeing Liu Ming turning to leave, Zhou Nan summoned the courage to run over, grabbed the sleeve and stopped Liu Ming, saying seriously, “Please wait! Liu Qi is indeed guilty. I understand that you blame him. But don’t be impulsive! He is your own brother!”

Liu Ming turned to Zhou Nan. And only then could Zhou Nan saw that Liu Ming’s eyes were so scary. He looked like a man on the surface, but he was a dead ghost already. Liu Ming didn’t violently pull back Zhou Nan’s hand. Nor did he make any extra physical contact. He only slowly explained, “I’m not… I want… to help him…”

Zhou Nan listened carefully, and asked, “Help him? Is he in trouble?”

“Little ghost… hurt him back…” Zhou Nan was so confused after hearing this.

Liu Ming finished what he wanted to say and calmly waited for Zhou Nan to let go. Zhou Nan looked at the ghost in front of him again. Despite the scary facial expression, his behavior was totally gentle and elegant. He didn’t look like the kind of evil ghost that would even kill his own brother.

Zhou Nan hesitated for a while before finally letting go, “I don’t know what you’re talking about, but you must promise me that you won’t kill anyone.”

Liu Ming was very gentle, “Thank you… I promise you… I won’t kill anyone…”

On second thought, it seemed not good to let a lone ghost wander around, so Zhou Nan asked, “Then can I follow you?”

Liu Ming didn’t speak anymore and just nodded.

Zhou Nan estimated that a long time had passed, and Chen Ming was late. He was somewhat worried and turned on his phone to call Chen Ming, only to find that there was no signal.

There was no other choice but to take one step at a time. He sighed and ran a few steps to catch up with Liu Ming, who had already gone far.