84

84. Stop, It’s a Misunderstanding

Maybe he was waiting for Zhou Nan and Liu Ming was not moving fast. As he walked slowly, he sniffed softly with his nose, as if he were trying to find something around.

Zhou Nan also did the same by taking two breaths, but he could only smell something like the plant. So he asked confusedly, “What are you smelling?” Did ghosts have a more sensitive sense of smell? How did he not notice this before?

“A certain kind of stench.” After a simple conversation with Zhou Nan, Liu Ming gradually became much more familiar with speaking and became more fluent, “Before I fell downstairs, I also smelled it. Now there is also that… in the woods… Liu Qi is in danger.”

“What?” There was a “pop” in Zhou Nan’s head, as if something broken suddenly got put together. Before Liu Ming died… Now it was around Liu Qi… Hurt back… He kind of hated it when he did not understand the whole thing until now, “Do you mean that Liu Qi’s baby ghost is going to kill Liu Qi?”

“I’m afraid it is…” Liu Ming didn’t even finish his words when a yellow paper suddenly stuck on his head. He didn’t understand what had happened, so he just stared at it.

Zhou Nan just had a hard time thinking through the whole thing, and he also did not know about what was happening now. He was dazed by the yellow paper.

“Attack.”

With the sound of an explosion, a glaring electric light appeared on Liu Ming’s forehead, and the ghost’s body was bounced to the ground in the distance. Then the rising smoke covered him.

Zhou Nan subconsciously wanted to help Liu Ming, but his wrist was pulled back in the next second. The coming person pulled, so he lost his balance and fell. He closed his eyes tightly and prepared to hit the back of his head hard on the ground, but finally his body leaned firmly into a pair of warm arms.

A low voice came from above, “You still haven’t taken good care of the candle.”

Zhou Nan looked up and found that Chen Ming was looking at him. The man that he had been waiting for arrived too suddenly. He regained his balance, then took a few steps back and exclaimed, “Ah, Chen Ming, you’re here!”

Chen Ming snorted coldly, “If I hadn’t come, you would have been taken somewhere and eaten by the ghost.”

While they were talking, the smoke from the last explosion faded away. Liu Ming saw who had attacked him and immediately showed an angry expression. His mutant teeth were clenched tightly, and there was a low growl coming out from his lips.

Seeing this, Chen Ming slightly raised his chin. With his face filled with disdain, he already had the next spell in his hand, waiting for Liu Ming to jump up.

Zhou Nan looked to the left and right, and then immediately noticed that the atmosphere between these two was very tense. He replayed Chen Ming’s words and understood that Chen Ming had misunderstood, “Ah, wait, Chen Ming. It’s not like what you think…”

But neither of them listened to him. Liu Ming couldn’t hold back his anger, roared low and took a quick step on the ground. He soon turned into a black shadow and rushed towards Chen Ming.

With all the preparations made, Chen Ming had no reason to panic. He pulled Zhou Nan behind him, took a half step back, walked sideways, held the spell in front of him, and began to read it.

However, before he could make the second round of attack, he heard “benefactor, be careful”. A green light flashed across the side, slammed into Liu Ming, and took him into the bushes.

This really surprised Chen Ming. He stood still for a few seconds, then suddenly ran towards the bushes and said as he ran, “Didn’t I tell you to hide behind and not to come out?”

Zhou Nan was completely stunned and just followed Chen Ming. He vaguely saw Chen Ming picking up something white. It was too dark in the forest, so it was really hard to see clearly. Only when he got close did he notice that it was a little girl in a light-colored dress. It seemed that she got hurt by the hit. She covered her head with the hands and said in a crying voice, “I can’t just watch benefactor getting into danger!”

Having been hit on the ground twice, Liu Ming shook his head and became angrier. Seeing that he was about to get up and fight again, Zhou Nan quickly pressed his shoulders down and told him to calm down, “Wait, stop fighting anymore. Let’s talk!”

Chen Ming narrowed his eyes and looked at Zhou Nan standing beside Liu Ming. Eventually he pulled Zhou Nan over to himself and whispered, “Don’t tell me that you’ve tamed this ghost who had a violent death in such a short time.”

Such a ghost like Liu Ming would generally have a particularly strong obsession. They would either make someone die for them, or catch the culprit who killed them. Whoever stood in their way would anger them, such as Chen Ming at this time. Zhou Nan should be in danger as soon as the candle fire that was scaring away the ghosts went out.

“I didn’t tame him. He didn’t want to hurt me at all. He just wanted to find Liu Qi, so I just followed him.”

Liu Ming stood up. He was the same height as Chen Ming, and Zhou Nan was half a head shorter than them.

Chen Ming was afraid that Liu Ming would want to fight again. So he took a half step forward and pulled Zhou Nan behind him again.

“You want to fight again?” Seeing this situation, Zhou Nan hurriedly yelled, “You two try it again and see!”

Liu Ming looked at Zhou Nan and felt a little aggrieved, “He started it first…”

Chen Ming didn’t want to be outdone: “I was trying to protect you!”

Chang Baisheng, who was much shorter than these big men, looked around with her head raised. She noticed that both of them seemed to like Zhou Nan. She reached out her little hand and scratched the bump on her head, thinking: “Is this little man the real powerful one?”