88

88. Coal Ball Became a Spirit

Later on, Liu Ming floated back to the coffin alone, waiting for White Impermanence to come. “Crisis” was over. Chang Baisheng had no reason to stay. After pointing out the direction of returning to the mansion, she rushed into the deep forest and disappeared.

Chen Ming put his hands on his waist and sighed at Liu Qi who was unconscious on the ground. After all, this was also his hirer. He couldn’t throw Liu Qi into the deep forest to feed the mosquitos anyway. So he walked over, picked up Liu Qi’s arm and carried the latter over his shoulders.

Zhou Nan didn’t just stand silently either. He carried the other arm to share the weight.

The two of them staggered back to the mansion. At the gate, Chen Ming rang the doorbell and called the butler out.

The old man saw his second young master’s muddy look, and it made his face turn pale, “This… What happened?”

Chen Ming thought about what to say for a long time, “Uh… He ate… Ah no, he ate some dirt by mistake. I suggest taking him to the hospital and having a check. Perhaps he should get a gastric lavage or something.”

Liu Qi was the only one heir of the Liu family, so the butler didn’t dare to wait for one more moment. He drove a car quickly. As he opened the door, he asked, “Is all the funeral business taken care of?”

Liu Ming was so gentle. There was no reason for them to stay and guard against him. Chen Ming nodded, “It’s over. Everything’s fine.”

“That’s good. You can also get in the car. I’ll send you to the public area down the mountain where you can take a taxi.” The butler was careful and didn’t forget to find a place for the two guests to stay overnight, “However, since this thing happened, I probably don’t have the time to send you back to the flower shop.”

Of course, Chen Ming expressed his understanding, thanked him and got into the car with Zhou Nan.

Their luggage was still in the hotel so they couldn’t leave. It was not convenient to find a taxi in the early morning. When they got to the hotel, dawn was almost approaching.

After a long night’s work, the two of them couldn’t stop yawning. When they got back to the room, they didn’t even bother to shower, and just jumped onto the bed before falling asleep. They slept until the afternoon, then cleaned themselves up, packed their bags, checked out, and went home.

Inside the taxi, Chen Ming rested his head on his arms and looked out of the window, lost in thought. He suddenly remembered something that had been on his mind for a long time and turned to ask Zhou Nan, “Are the flower shop windows closed?”

Zhou Nan was responsible for this, so he immediately confirmed, “Yeah, closed.”

“Is the door locked?”

This time, Chen Ming did not ask Hu Yuelan to come and take care of the store. It was because that he suddenly couldn’t contact Hu Yuelan, so he just temporarily suspended his business.

“It’s locked.” This was also done by Zhou Nan.

“Then…” Chen Ming turned back and asked with a guiltier expression, “Did you leave cat food and water for Coal Ball…”

Zhou Nan immediately started to panic and stammered, “No… What about you?” He looked at Chen Ming’s dull expression, and an unknown premonition filled his heart.

Indeed, Chen Ming didn’t do anything serious before he left. Even electricity and gas were turned off by Zhou Nan. He lunged at the driver’s seat in the front and urged, “Please hurry up. I have an emergency at home.”

“It can’t be, Chen Ming…” Zhou Nan covered his mouth in shock.

Water could be drunk from the toilet. But the cat food was packaged in some kind of thick plastic. Because they were afraid of moisture, it was tightly sealed with big clips. For the past three days, the little cat with its little claws that couldn’t open the lock was trapped in the house, roaring and scratching the wall day and night under the influence of hunger. It would not be able to hold on for such a long time. Zhou Nan felt a chill when he thought about that.

It was all because Coal Ball always found a strange corner to sleep in the daytime, and the two always neglected it. Neither of them thought of it when they left.

“It’s alright, alright… Cats have nine lives..” This statement had no basis and was just a white lie.

The driver listened and guessed out the story. Then he chimed in, “Oh, you guys forgot to leave food for your cat? That’s terrible. Judging from your look, you have gone out for three or four days?”

“It’s my fault. It’s all my fault.” Chen Ming repeatedly admitted his mistakes and held Zhou Nan’s hand secretly, “Sir, please hurry up.”

When they reached the flower shop, the two of them threw their luggage in the car and opened the door to check the condition of Coal Ball. The driver was sensible and stopped by the street to wait for them to return.

As they approached the inner room, they heard the slight sound of water. Chen Ming and Zhou Nan looked at each other, and they felt that a thief might have got into the house. So they tacitly made no noise, and crept forward.

The sound of the water came from the bathroom. Chen Ming and Zhou Nan counted before the two of them rushed in at the same time.

Coal Ball was seen pushing the faucet switch with one paw, and its remaining three paws were on the edge of the sink. Clear running water poured out. The cat got closer and licked the water. When it heard the movement beside, it slightly turned its head, and then trembled violently. It jumped to the ground with fear, with its hair standing on end, and its body became twice as big.

The empty bath gel bottle standing on the ground was knocked over, and the “tinkling” sound was actually quite vivid in concert with the cat’s frightened cry.

The little guy seemed to be living in good health, so the both of them sighed with relief.

However, besides the food, Coal Ball didn’t go to the toilet when it got thirsty, and actually learned to turn on the tap to drink?

Chen Ming and Zhou Nan thought of something at the same time.

This cat had definitely become a spirit.