89

89. The Reason for the Cat to Became Fat

Knowing that Coal Ball was still alive, Chen Ming went back to pick up the luggage, and Zhou Nan left to appease it. The driver was probably also a cat lover, because he also rushed to ask if the cat was Okay. Chen Ming said, “It’s fine. The little guy is very smart. It’s alive and healthy.”

After returning to the house, Chen Ming felt an ardent gaze, so he looked down, and saw Coal Ball staring at him with a sad expression that said “Stupid human, you almost killed me”.

Zhou Nan hugged Coal Ball in his arms, scratched the fur behind its ears and muttered, “Come to my arms, and you won’t be harmed… Ah, Chen Ming, I feel like it’s fatter. It feels heavier.”

Chen Ming glanced at him surprisingly, “Were the leftovers at home all thrown away?”

“Umm…” Zhou Nan thought carefully, “All those in the plates should be gone, but it seems a bag of shredded squid is still in the refrigerator.”

Chen Ming had a bad feeling, and before he walked to the refrigerator, he already saw the bag lying on the ground. He picked it up, and saw that the bag was already empty inside. There was still a small toothmark left by the “criminal”.

Not only did the cat know how to pick food out of the fridge, but it knew how to close the door. Chen Ming turned around and gave the “criminal” a thumbs-up. Then he said with sincere admiration, “Well done.”

“Did it really eat it all?” Zhou Nan watched as Chen Ming threw the shredded squid bag into the trash can, “Then will it stop eating cat food in the future?”

“It’s hard to say.” Chen Ming grabbed the bag of cat food in his hand and shook it, “Do you want to eat this?”

Coal Ball shouted, jumped off Zhou Nan’s arms, ran to Chen Ming, and circled around his legs, rubbing its hair on his pants.

“See? Human beings can’t compare with food.” Chen Ming took a few steps back, pulled his legs out, opened the shelf and poured the cat food into Coal Ball’s bowl.

Zhou Nan smiled indifferently, then leaned over and stoked the cat.

Chen Ming went to pick up a bowl of water for Coal Ball, saving the cat the trouble of going to the sink and licking. When he came back, the phone in his pocket rang. He saw that it was a strange number and hesitated about answering it. But the caller turned out to be the previous butler.

He told Chen Ming that Liu Qi had woken up and was not seriously hurt, and the remaining 50,000 would be transferred to Chen Ming in a few days.

The Liu family was actually quite honest in business.

Chen Ming answered, then said some formalities, and finally hung up.

One hundred thousand.

Including the preparation, a hundred thousand dollars was made within less than a week. Chen Ming felt so happy, “It’ll be perfect if all my clients are rich.”

Zhou Nan was not happy, “It’ll be better if White Impermanence is one of your clients…” He was still feeling bad about the fact that Chen Ming couldn’t earn merits anymore, and he was also consuming Chen Ming’s life. As time passed by, his guilt only increased.

“Hmm, he will learn his lesson if he doesn’t come to see me. You just wait for him to come and beg me.” Chen Ming was determined not to look for White Impermanence. At least he had to get the Hell Soldier token before considering whether to compromise or not.

Zhou Nan stopped talking. He only sighed and looked sad.

Chen Ming squatted down, held Zhou Nan’s face, rubbed his thumb against the corner of Zhou Nan’s mouth and lifted it up, “Don’t be sad, you look more handsome when you smile.”

“I…” Zhou Nan did not smile and his eyes were a little red.

“If I don’t have a lot of time left, and I still have to see you crying and crying every day, wouldn’t it be worse?” Chen Ming consoled Zhou Nan, “What’s done is done. Now we can only take one step at a time. Your boyfriend is always a lucky guy. We will definitely find a way out.”

Zhou Nan grinned while still looking sad, “Then kiss me, and I won’t be sad.”

Just when Chen Ming wanted to do so, the single cat knocked over the basin.