92

92. I Won’t Let Anything Happen to You

There was no blood under such a heavy hit. Hu Yuelan’s soul was raised high. Her body fell heavily on the ground. She was unharmed but unconscious.

Seeing that Hu Yuelan, who had beaten him up, got knocked out in one second, Zhou Nan covered his mouth with fear and trembled. His legs even got limp.

Innumerable Ghost Soldiers had surrounded them in the dark, and the cold and gloomy fire was looming. It was clearly impossible for them to get away even if they had wings.

Li Muquan covered his face and suddenly became short. Then his back became more hunched. When he took the hand back, his face was full of wrinkles. He no longer looked like a young man in his prime, and was clearly an elder.

“See? This is called overestimating her own strength.” Li Muquan put Bai Yiyi’s soul into his pocket and said to Chen Ming, while looking at Chen Ming with interest, “What kind of struggle are you planning to make?”

Chen Ming slightly stood sideways, revealing the spell that was drawn and affixed to his and Zhou Nan’s chest when Hu Yuelan was fighting. He didn’t say anything, but Li Muquan’s smile stiffened.

He exclaimed, “You do have your own skills.”

Chen Ming replied without hesitation, “You too.”

“You reacted very quickly.”

“Thanks for reminding me. Otherwise, I really wouldn’t have thought of ‘pained spirits’.”

The pained spirits were created by people who had experienced great ups and downs in love. One that broke up with his lover for fame and fortune indignantly, then wanted to recover but couldn’t manage to do it, and finally ended up with nothing. If Bai Yiyi’s feeling for Chen Ming was true, she would really meet this condition.

In addition, according to the information from Immortal Huang two months ago, there was another use for the pained spirits. They were one of the materials that could borrow the corpse to regain the soul.

Li Muquan, who had the hell soldier token in hand, surely had the Immortal Fox’s tendon as he eliminated the whole fox family. Since he was also trying to borrow the corpse to regain the soul, his ultimate purpose could be guessed out.

What made Chen Ming nervous was not that the two of them might not be safe after seeing the Ghost Soldiers, but that the third material needed for this kind of reincarnation was the ghost who successfully borrowed the corpse to regain the soul, which was Zhou Nan.

Chen Ming reached out to hold Zhou Nan’s wrist tightly, and tried to stay calm and not disturbed, but his palms were still sweating.

“Looks like you’ve had your eyes on this for a long time.”

Li Muquan was indeed impressed by Chen Ming’s reasoning ability, “I helped you meet that driver again, so that you could get the blood of the poisonous insect. Shouldn’t you thank me for that?”

Chen Ming asked, “Then, what do you want by using the ancestral grave visit as an excuse to make us meet the Ghost Soldiers?”

The silly lad suddenly became the one who eliminated the whole family, and had been waiting here for a long time. It sounded like a good plan. But what effect did the spell on his chest have? Why could it bring about a negotiation? Zhou Nan’s brain completely went blank. Under great panic, his clothes had long been soaked by cold sweat.

“It was to let you hurry up and bring the soul back to the corpse. You were a bit sloppy about your little lover’s matter.”

He made great efforts to borrow the corpse to regain the soul, and in the end, he did all this for someone else? What a damn irony.

Chen Ming knew that Li Muquan was deliberately provoking him. Although he had already cursed Li Muquan a thousand times in his heart, he still said lukewarmly, “So what does Mr. Li want to do?” As he spoke, he pointed to the spell on his chest.

Li Muquan was annoyed to find that Chen Ming was not fooled by him.

Chen Ming continued, “Since we’re in the same line of business, I think you can see that this spell is linked by blood and its effect is like tying a time bomb on the two people. As long as one of our souls is gone, the other one will immediately end up the same. Not only your Ghost Soldiers know how to destroy a soul and spirit.”

Zhou Nan understood it now. It was just like making use of the last opportunity to fight back. He looked at Chen Ming with admiration.

Chen Ming noticed the gaze and misunderstood it. He thought that his adventurous move had frightened Zhou Nan, so he quickly consoled the latter, “Don’t be afraid, I won’t let anything happen to you…” He held Zhou Nan’s hand tighter.

Li Muquan sneered, “Do you think I will cherish this returned soul and let you go? If I can’t have it, why shouldn’t I destroy it?”

“You thought too much. I’m just trying to get a chance to talk to you so that I won’t get beaten up like Hu Yuelan.”

“Oh?” Li Muquan raised his eyebrows, “Looks like you still get something to say?”

For the first time in such a long time, Chen Ming had a smile on his face, as if he felt quite relieved at this step, “The longer the soul returns to the corpse, the more difficult it is for people to tell. Let me give you a suggestion. Let’s change the target. There are more than one returned souls here.”

After hearing this, Zhou Nan and Li Muquan were both stunned at the same time. However, Li Muquan got the picture more quickly, and then burst out laughing, “Well done, Chen Ming! You’ve been hiding deeply enough and made me wait for two more months!”

Zhou Nan understood the meaning of Chen Ming’s words now. He finally realized that, in this way, it was rather reasonable for Chen Ming to know the spell of borrowing the corpse to regain the soul.

“What do you mean by that, Chen Ming?” He reached out to grab Chen Ming’s shoulders and shook violently, with his eyes full of tears, “Is it not me that he wants? Don’t do anything stupid!”

Chen Ming just smiled, repeated the previous sentence, and then gently pushed Zhou Nan away, “I won’t let anything happen to you.”