Chapter 8

Helloooo my lovelies ^.^ How are we all?
Super-massive bumper chapter alert! Woot woot! Over 3000 words for your Thorin addiction :P

Just another note- I'd really really love for you guys to comment especially on this chapter! There's some *cough PLOT CHANGES cough* that I hope you're going to love!

So pretty please please vote and especially COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER!!!!!

The song for this chapter is....I dont have one again :( And my song choices probably havent been great either :L But if you guys have any suggestions please share them! Like for this chapter I'd probably use a heavier song cause of all the action but please suggest!!!

Kait :)

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

With a splash and a crash, you're submerged yet again, but luckily surface, water streaming down your hair and clothes. Sunlight blazes down upon you all as the water hurries you all at a fast pace along the river, barrels bumping and colliding along the way against each other and the rocks that line the river's edge. Your eyes scan all your company members, and fix themselves upon Thorin who floats along several feet from you. Seeing him shifting around in his barrel, attempting to control its direction, you breathe a sigh of relief.

A hand clamps down upon yours and you gasp, but see it's Bilbo, absolutely soaking wet, clinging onto the side of your barrel for dear life. "Hold on!" You tell him, and picking him up under his arms, you attempt to haul him inside your barrel. More rapids are approaching quickly, and with one last heave, you manage to pull him inside. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but Bilbo thanks your profusely, amid coughing up lungfuls of water.

Suddenly an elvish horn sounds, and as you fly down the raging rapids, you spot a set of gates beneath a bridge down the river, which are beginning to close at yours and your companions' approach. Elvish figures in golden armour upon it grow bigger as you approach, and draw their weapons, preparing for your arrival. Thinking quickly, you try to form the best plan of attack, but frustration begins to loom. Will you ever escape these dratted elves?

An elf steps forward, pulling a lever. The current carries you down and under the bridge, and the dwarves' barrels bump together against the thick steels bars of the gate.

"No!" Thorin exclaims helplessly, slamming his fist against it, as the elves draw their swords simultaneously. Your escape has been thwarted. But an arrow sprouts from one of the faceless enemies' back, sending it splashing, dead, into the water.

Peering around at the shooter, your eyes go wide with fear. Orcs!

The orc roars, and dozens of orcs swarm over the bridge, overpowering and killing the remaining elves, who were unprepared for it the ambush. An orc roars black speech from nearby, and you look over to a hillock to see not Azog, but another orc. This monster is much bigger and brutish-looking in appearance, as more orcs charge down the hill in front of him.

"Get under the bridge!" Thorin commands, and Fili pulls you and Bilbo's barrel closer in to make room for your companions stuck outside in the ferocious battle. An orc launches himself at Nori out of nowhere, grotesque face pulled into a snarl, but with a cry Bilbo leaps forward, drives his tiny sword into its heart. The orc slackens against the blade, falling with a sickening plop into the river. More orcs appear, and your company members task themselves with exterminating the foul creatures however they can.

In the ruckus, you notice Kili staring up into the mêlée , and following his gaze, you see he is eyeing the lever that holds the river gate shut. His eyes meet yours, and you both nod in agreement before clambering out of your barrels. If you two can reach the lever without being killed, the gates will open and the Company can escape, hopefully unscathed.