Twenty-Seven

ARABELLA

When I hear the front door click. I make my move.

I realize that I never attend Rico's fighting matches and today, I'm going to go to one. I know he told me not to leave the house, but I really wanna see him. I want to cheer him on.

Maybe this is going to be a big mistake, maybe.

I quickly change into a all black outfit and start doing my makeup and hair. I put my hair in a high ponytail with a bunch of random girls free and falling down my face.

I put on some red lipstick too. Why not.

Last time I went to his match, it went downhill pretty fast but I know what I'm doing this time. I know what he does and this time I can be ready for it.

I leave the apartment and quickly call a cab. See, I'm prepared this time. No riding on random kid's bikes.

When I reach the building, I quickly go into the back area and wait for someone to leave so I can get in.

As I watch this girl leave, I quickly go in and since she is too drunk to even see straight, I don't have to worry.

The music is loud. I must have gotten here early. I watch as some people get food while others drink themselves to death. That would be Adam.

He could never handle his liquor.

"Hey! Watch it!" Some girl screeches at me as I accidentally bump into her.

"Sorry!" I quickly go past her and make my way to a close spot, so I can see him.

I know that seeing him fight might cause some... Unwanted memories.

But I can't let Adam hold me back from cheering my coco on. I jump when I hear a voice.

"Welcome back everyone! I hope you all are ready for what's about to happen, cause our number one winner is back for the win!" Everyone cheers.

Hm.

"Speaking of winners... Our opponent that is going to be fighting against our winner is..." the crowd goes silent.

"The bulldozer!!" Everyone cheers again as I see this super buff guy walk out and onto the place where the men fight.

I'm pretty sure coco could beat him, I think.

My eyes widen when he roars, showing off his chest.

"Oh sweet Jesus!" A girl next to me says dramatically as she put her hand on her forehead.

My coco is way more attractive than this guy.

"And for our winner...The Sinister!!" The crowd cheers even louder this time.

I watch as my man walks out, looking more attractive as ever, and looks around the crowd.

There is something off about him though. He seems like there is something on his mind, a determination.

And it's not to win this fight.

I watch as he gets on and stares straight at the guy who I suppose is his uncle. What is going on?

His uncles eyes scan the crowd and freeze when they land on me. Oh shoot.

He smirks at me and I feel fear grip my heart. Shoot shoot shoot shoot.

He looks back at Rico with a devil smirk on his dry lips. What is he planning?

I know I have to leave, but I can't. I want to be here for Rico.

"Annnnnd Start!" Rico and his opponent circle each other. I can see coco's mouth move, as he says something to the bulldozer.

The bulldozer's face turns into a confused expression as he looks around. What is he doing?

My hands fly onto my face as Rico lets the bulldozer hit him in the face. Oh my God!

What is he doing?!

This hit barely affects him but I can see a dark bruise forming on his cheek.

I have seen Rico fight once and the other opponent could barely get a hit in before he knocked them out.

In a gruesome way too.

As the opponent hit Rico several times and Rico doesn't even get one hit in, I'm very confused.

The crowd boos and his uncle looks mad.

His uncle looks straight at me and takes out his phone, talking to someone on the other line.

I quickly look around, needing to leave. Something is going on.

When he puts his phone down, he smirks at me.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder, causing me to squeak and turn around. My mind goes blank as I stare into his eyes.

"Baby... Did you miss your darling?"

My body freezes, nausea rising in my stomach, I can't breathe.

Adam's evil eyes stare back into mine and I can't function. I can't move.

No. Please no. No no no.

I look back at the ring and watch as they give Rico's opponent the win. While Rico gets up, he has a smirk on his face.

"W-What's going on?" I frown as I watch his uncle yell at him while coco just smirks at him.

Adam grips my arm hard and I whimper. "Le-Let go!" Tears well up in my eyes as he whispers disgusting things in my ear.

"Rico! Rico!!" I scream out his name but Adam puts a hand over my mouth.

I try to rip his hand off my face but he is too strong.

His uncle says something to Rico and I see the color drain from his face. He quickly looks around the crowd.

I try to throw my hands up and thrall around, hoping he sees me.

When his eyes land on me, he goes wild.

He rips through people, trying to get to me.

Adam drags me away and I struggle against his grip.

Please no. His hands. I need them off.

A bunch of memories take over my mind and I feel like I'm gonna throw up.

I-I can't breathe.

I rip his hand off me, "Rico!!"
——————————————————————————