39. Babylon

~Calum

A week has gone by since our first acoustic show of the tour. Paige and the boys were right, I needed another week of recovery before jumping right back into full fledged shows.

To celebrate us being back on track for the tour, the boys and I decided to go out for a drink. We had asked the girls if they wanted to come along, but Vanessa had convinced Paige into going to a club she had seen on our way to the venue.

Pushing the tour schedule an entire two weeks back has definitely taken a tole on us and the fans, but if there's one thing I've learned from being in this band it's that we can handle anything.

Something else I've learned or realized rather is that there is no love stronger than the one Paige and I share with each other. I love that girl more than I love myself and I would do anything for her.

I'm not entirely sure how a person like me got lucky enough to have someone in my life like Paige. She's perfect in every way possible and I can only hope that I'm good enough for her. Which brings me into a thought that's been circling around my mind for a couple weeks now.

"Cal you alright?" Luke asks from beside me. "You seem a little nervous about something."

I adjust the beanie on my head to distract my friends eyes from the noticeable shaking of my hands that was caused by what I'm about to speak aloud.

"I'm fine," I say quickly. "There's just something I've been meaning to talk to you guys about."

Admitting something to myself can be hard, but admitting something as serious as this out loud is even harder, but I know I need to go through with it.

"What is it Cal?" Ashton asks from the chair across the table from me. "You can tell us anything."

I blow out a pent up breath of air, suddenly feeling all concentrated eyes on me, "I know I can. This isn't something I can just casually talk about though."

"I'm sure whatever it is isn't something we won't be able to help you through." Michael says making a good point. These three boys are my brothers, I can trust them no matter how nervous I am about this.

"Okay," I say believing them. "Let's just keep this between us for now please."

The three of them agree, giving me their full attention and making me more nervous than ever. The next time I'll be this nervous is when I actually follow through with this.

I look to the three boys and finally say it, "I'm going to propose to Paige once the tour is over."

The table erupts with cheers and congratulations, the anxiety I was feeling starts to relieve my system.

"That's amazing Calum! We're so happy for you!" Ashton says as the three of them stand up to give me a hug and pat on the back.

I smile widely from the positive feedback I received, knowing damn well this isn't a bad idea at all.

"From the moment you two met, I always knew you guys would get married." Michael says smiling at me. 

"Right on Cal! We are very happy for you mate." Luke says, giving me another comforting pat on the back.

I smile appreciatively at my best friends, "Thank you guys. I've been thinking about it for a while and it just all felt right. I mean, I love her and there is no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with than her."

"A love like yours and Paige's is hard to find. You're soulmates and I think it's about time the two of you get married." Ashton says making me smile from how right he is.