The Unlikely Pairing (Fred Weasley)

How long has it been since I posted a one shot for Fred? Too long, I'm sure. 

This one shot was requested by selena_lyn far too long ago, but I hope you enjoy it 

Tomorrow is my birthday so if I'm hard to reach, please understand ~~

As per usual, this isn't edited (but that's normal for me, so are you surprised?)

____________________

My morning began earlier than it did for most of my dormmates. For some reason, since starting in my fifth year, I hadn't been able to sleep in past six o'clock in the morning. It was annoying on a weekday, but downright infuriating on a weekend where I had no early classes and I could have slept in. I still had no idea why my sleep schedule had changed, but it was something I was trying my best to revert to normal. Of course, if you asked Moorey, she would say that the upcoming stress of our upcoming O.W.L exams was kicking my body into becoming productive and I was living up to not so known trait of our house; operating on a mild level of anxiety every day. Rowena, it was beginning to sound like she had a point.

Madam Pince, who was watching me expectantly, cleared her throat. Realising that I was just standing in front of her, I hurried to approach the desk with the books I'd been clinging to. Putting them down, I watched as checked each one out.

"Thank you," I said softly, accepting the books back and trying not to wince with embarrassment at being caught drifting off into space so early in the morning. I just needed to get out of here before I did anything else.

Slotting the books into my school bag, I hefted it onto my shoulder and prepared to head out to the library where I knew my dormmates were bound to have settled for breakfast. Exiting the library and stepping out into the corridor, I stopped for a second, surveying the empty corridor. Lingering in the doorway, I looked around for any student who was on their way to the Great Hall but couldn't find anyone. But not just that, the air felt too still, and cloyingly heavy. It was almost like dread lingered in the air, not that I could even begin to work out why. Despite not knowing the reason, it still made me hyperalert, my eyes darting around the corridor and my ears beginning to ring a little as I hurried towards the Great Hall. Once I sat at the Ravenclaw table, it would be alright, the anxiety would fade.

Walking quickly through the corridor in something that better resembled a jogging pace than it did a walking pace, I contemplated taking one of the shortcuts that I just knew were lurking around the corners. But the last thing I needed was to take a shortcut I'd never once taken before and get lost. Finally, finally, when I could hear the distant chatter of students, I allowed my pace to slow down to a walk.

I walked into the Great Hall like I hadn't worked myself into a tizzy over ... well, I wasn't sure what, I headed straight to the Ravenclaw table and situated myself between my dormmates. Greeting them with a smile, I thankfully accepted the teapot when it was passed towards me. Pouring myself a very generous mugful, I took a grateful sip.

"Everything alright, Roosevelt?" Moorey asked, eyeing me dubiously as I let out a deep exhale. "You didn't bother adding any milk or sugar to your tea."

"Sometimes I just need it like this." She shook her head at my words but didn't say anything else on the matter. Instead, she returned to the conversation she'd been having previously with the rest of my dormmates.

Helping myself to some breakfast, I ate some toast to fortify my stomach. Casting a curious glance around the great hall, I tried not to frown when I realised that the Great Hall lacked its usual chatter. People were speaking quietly between themselves but not the way they usually did. The students talked quietly between to each other, occasionally lifting their heads and shooting glances around.