Chapter 67: Final stand

"Beast breathing, fourth fang, slice 'n' dice" Inosuke said as he sliced off Muzan's arm and some of his tentacles.
"Godspeed! Thunder clap and flash" Zenitsu said as he moved past Muzan and sliced him as he was going.
'I'm weakening and one of my legs is failing! My next attack will be my last at full strength!' Zenitsu thought with gritted teeth.
"Seventh form, Hono Izakuchi No Kami" Zenitsu said as he unleashed his new thunder breathing form on Muzan and sliced across his chest deeply making blood pour out of it.
'The cut was too shallow! Only a bright red blade can do enough damage! Argh!' Zenitsu thought as he saw Muzan's attack coming towards him.
"Fifth fang, crazy cutting" Inosuke said as he stopped the attack from reaching Zenitsu.
"Third fang, devour" Inosuke said as he cut off one of Muzan's legs. Muzan let off another lightning attack that hit Inosuke and made his chest wounds reopen and blood poured out of them over the bandages.
"Inosuke!" Zenitsu yelled from where he was laying on the ground.
'Oh no! I'll never reach him in time!' Zenitsu thought as he scrambled to get to his feet but he wasn't making much progress.
"Sun breathing, burning bones, summer sun" Tanjiro said as he stopped the follow up attacks from getting Insouke.
"Akatsuki No Yumi" I said as I sliced open Muzan's back before heading towards his legs.
"Raging sun! Fire wheel! Beneficent radiance!" Tanjiro released breathing technique after breathing technique. He wasn't the only one either as I also unleash attack after attack.
'Muzan can't release consecutive shock wave attacks anymore. He needs time to generate them and his arms and tentacle attacks are slowly especially with Hikaru continue to cut them off' Tanjiro thought as he watched me cut off an arm and four tentacles with another breathing technique.
"Dragon sun halo head dance! Solar-" Tanjiro started before he started to cough up blood. Gritting my teeth I tried to rush to cover for him but my left leg buckled making me trip over and hit the ground with a grunt.
"Sixth fang, palisade bite" Inosuke interrupted Muzan and saved both Tanjiro and I. I was quick to get back to my feet, making sure that the sheaths were tied to my leg still and rushed back towards Muzan.
"Akatsuki no Taki" I unleashed.
"Sun breathing, dance. Clear blue sky. Fake rainbow" Tanjiro said, he wasn't taking a break and was continuing to unleash sun breathing techniques.
"Akatsuki No Hara, Akatsuki No Ryo, Akatsuki No Fumi" I said. Using my Akatsuki style techniques weren't meant for quick attacks like these because every time I used them I got a flash of the Akatsuki that had created that technique and how they created them. With how much I was using the pictures were starting to merge together and getting lost in my mind, the only thing that was keeping me grounded was the pain. I wasn't going to stop now, the images of my ancestors may be overwhelming but what was even more overwhelming was the memories and images of all those that we had lost to drive Muzan into this corner.
'Gotta stand up. Now. Gotta keep attacking or he'll get away! Any attack is enough! Just do it and wear him down! Come....Move' Zenitsu struggled to get back to his feet but he wasn't going to leave his friends to battle without him.
'Gramps....I'm....I'm begging you! Give me the kick I need!' Zenitsu thought.
"Thunderclap and flash!" Zenitsu said as he jumped through the air and sliced off Muzan's arm before hitting the ground.
'I'm too slow! Ahhh!' Zenitsu thought.
"Beast breathing," Inosuke said.
"Sun breathing," Tanjiro said.
"Akatsuki No" I said.
"Crazy cutting" Inosuke finished.
"Dance" Tanjiro finished.
"Lena" I finished. We all rushed in to attack Muzan while he was regenerating his lost arm, every time we took a cut at him his regeneration was sure to start to take a bigger toll on him and it also stopped him from running away. Insouke was hit by Muzan's arm and was sent flying into the building but I forced myself not to turn to him and focused on Muzan's aura and focused on slicing Muzan's vital spots. I knew that I couldn't kill him without the sun or destroying all twelve of his vital spots at once but I figured it would take him longer to regenerate them.
'Inosuke! Don't stop, follow Hikaru's lead. Stay on the attack,' Tanjiro thought.
"Setting sun transformation, Dragon sun-" Tanjiro said before he lost his footing and started to fall to the ground. Since I was right next to him I put myself in front of Tanjiro ready to stop Muzan's attack.
"Godspeed thunder clap and flash" Zenitsu said as he slammed into Muzan. Quickly I moved and shoved Zenitsu down just in time to get a cut on my back instead of Zenitu getting hit.
"Sun breathing, dragon sun halo head dance" Tanjiro said as he attacked Muzan giving me time to breathe and get ready for my next attack, it was time.
"Raging sun" Tanjiro continued and swiped at Muzan.
"Tanjiro move!" I ordered and he instantly dashed out of the way. I was glowing brighter then I had ever glowed before and my vine patterns were back as well.
"Akatsuki No Tsuki" I said. It was a form that I hadn't used yet and it was the first ever Akatsuki or dawn breathing technique. It was the technique that Tsuki had created to destroy Muzan but in the end he couldn't use it on his love and had collapsed at Muzan's feet who then killed him. I swiped up with my red sword while I swiped down with my yellow sword. The moves that I was using that fast that all the others could see was a blur of red and yellow. Soon I was standing there panting, sweat and blood pouring out of me but Muzan was in front of me with no arms and all of his tentacles had been cut off as well. I knew it would only be a few seconds before he regenerated but it gave us time.
"Sunflower thrust" Tanjiro said as he thrust his sword straight into the mouth on Muzan's chest and pinned him to the building behind him.
'I can't use any more techniques and Hikaru is at the end of his stamina as well, he won't be able to use any other techniques either. But even so, we need to pin him here and every second counts' Tanijro thought. Muzan's arms and tentacles grew back just like I thought they were and I threw myself on Tanjiro's back, my arms wrapped around him. This meant when Muzan tried to kill Tanjiro he would literally have to get threw me first. It was a stupid move but if Tanjiro could keep him pinned here that was it, we would win. Just as the arms and tentacles started to come towards us they were stopped.
"That's enough!" Kanroji screamed as she had hold of the tentacles and arms on Muzan's left side, tears streaming down her face.
"You idiot!" She continued to scream as she pulled back with all her might and ripped one of them off. It was more brutal than using a sword but it was just as effective. Muzan tried to retaliate towards the pink and green haired girl but I blocked the attack even as it made me stumble and hit the ground.
"Kanroji! Hikaru!" Tanjiro yelled before he turned and focused back on Muzan, that was good. Muzan tried to attack with his right arm but Sanemi appeared cutting the arm and tentacles off before pinning what was left of Muzan's arm to the building with his sword.
"Shinazugawa" Tanjiro said. Suddenly a cut appeared down the middle of Muzan's face and his aura changed making me quickly get to my feet and rushed towards them. A large tooth filled mouth opened up aiming straight for Tanjiro.
'Can't fall back! Stand firm! Can't let him get away!' Tanjiro thought. I saw that Obanai was going to get in the way but I quickly slammed my left leg up and kicked him in the face making Obanai drop to the ground holding his nose and Muzan bit down on my leg making me scream.
"Hikaru!" Obanai, Tanjiro, Sanami and Kanroji all yelled but I gritted my teeth.
"Damnit! Dawn is breaking so hang in there!" Sanemi yelled.
"Take a good bite Muzan, you know what you are devouring don't you?" I chuckled humorlessly. No demon had ever devoured my flesh and lived to speak about it and his aura had already started to take over by madness. Whether it was madness from my blood and flesh or madness from the sun coming I didn't know.