Triwizard

For the rest of the ride I tried my hardest to keep from hearing their thoughts. Especially since I found out that Ginny likes Harry but Harry likes Cho. It wasn't the worst thing I heard but I just felt like i was invading their privacy.

 I tried to leave and find a new compartment but by the time I worked up the nerve to leave Harry said we were there. 

As soon as the train stopped I jumped up from my seat and ran out of the compartment and shouted bye. I had to get away from them but I also didn't know who else to go to. Sure Pansy and Blaise had gotten close to me this year but they had known Draco longer so I wouldn't ask them to choose me over him. 

So I just made my way to the castle trying to ignore the thundering sounds of everyone's thoughts. 

As I neared the great hall I heard somebody saying  my name. I looked back and it was Cedric. I smiled at him and slowed my pace so he could catch up. When he reached me he tossed an arm over my shoulder. 

"I didn't see you getting off the train."He said once again reading my face. 

"Oh yeah something happened and I needed to clear my mind."I mumbled out.

"Oh, do you want to tall me about it."

"Yeah but not rig....."I started but trailed off as I watched Draco walk into the great hall and starring at me and Cedric. I tried hard to read his mind but he was too far away. I rolled his eyes at me and looked away. 

"Are you okay Y/n?"Cedric asked snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Mhm. I'm fine I just got distracted."

"Okay."He said as we walked into the great hall."I've got to go sit with the Hufflepuffs I'll talk to you later."He pecked my lips again. 

"Mhm. I'll see you later Cedric."I said and turned away to walk to my house's table. My face flushed burning. 

As I neared my table I contemplated where to sit. I couldn't sit with Draco cause he was an arse. But I also didn't know many other people in my house. I decided to sit next to Theo. Sure I had rejected him last year but things weren't awkward between us. 

As I walked past Draco I flipped him off and sat next to Theo. 

"Mind of I sit here Nott?"I asked already seated. 

"Of course not. So Diggory huh?"He smirked at me. 

"Mhm. Diggory."

"He's not as good looking as me of course but he's okay. But to be completely honest I was willing to bet good money you and Malfoy would have ended up together."

"Really. Me and Malfoy?" I asked skeptical of what he was saying.

"Yeah I mean you guys fight a lot but I just thought you guys did it to hide that you liked each other. He was rather bad at hiding it though."

"Malfoy doesn't like me."I laughed at the thought of it.

"You can't honestly believe that."

"I do."

"Well maybe you should tell him to stop staring."He said looking over at Draco.

I looked over too and sure enough I was met with silver eyes starring hard enough to bore holes into me. Even though we were not looking back at him he just kept staring. I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at Theo.

"I'm not speaking to that twat. He's a waste of my time."

"Mhm." 

"What does that mean?"I asked staring at him.