CHAPTER 16

Charlene's pov

I didn't have much sleep if I'm honest, all I did was turn around on the bed and think. Where was she? Wasn't she going to sleep in her room? She could just kick me to my old room and she'll have her comfy bed, I sighed swinging my legs off of the mattress and walked to the bathroom, there was warm water already filling the tub and I sighed getting in. The warmness coated me and I relaxed, a few minutes of just relaxing and doing nothing I decided to get out and dry out, and of course I didn't find a towel. I decided to run back inside the room in hope that I wouldn't bump into anyone, specially her.

I walked to her closet and looked for something that would fit me, I grabbed a white top that was obviously too big for me and put it on. With the turn I take to go sit on the bed, the door swings open and Leo stops for a second. She stared at me surprised at first then her eyes met mine trying her best not to look at my naked body. She cleared her throat and walked further inside the room, she brushed past me letting me take her intoxicating scent and started to look inside the closer. I hid my body with the shirt and looked at the ground in embarrassment, I slowly backed away until I reached the bed. I watched Leo pull a full black leather outfit, she stared at it for a second then back at me.

"I think this would fit you" she said putting it next to me, I nodded and touched the material with my fingers.

"There's a horse waiting for you outside, for you to go back to your kingdom" she said dryly and turned to leave, my eyes widened in horror and I quickly stood up grabbing her by the wrist.

"N-no please, I need your help. Frederick tried to assassinate me, I can't go back alone. He'll finish the job" I begged, she still didn't look at me.

"Leo, please... I know you hate me, b-but believe me. All that happened in the past was a mistake, I shouldn't have..." She cut me off by yanking her hand away, she looked at me her eyes held anger and sadness, something I've never seen.

"The only mistake that I made was bringing you here in the first place!" She yelled getting closer to my face, her face was over mine and I can feel her heavy breathing on my nose.

"M-my mistake Charlene, is that I fell in love with you..." Her voice cracked and her eyes started to water, her bottom lip started to twitch like she was holding her cry in.

"Please don't say that..." I whispered putting my hands on each side of her face, she looked at the floor while her tears streamed down her cheeks. I pulled her face closer and her forehead landed on mine softly, my tears were also uncontrollably falling down my face because of this unknown feeling inside of me, I never knew someone could make me feel like this before but now I realized that I was too deeply in love with Leo...

"I never betrayed you Leo, I was never going to go with Lupus's plan. Yes I hated you at first, but after I got to know you and see your gentle and soft side..." She pulled back to look at me and I continued with what I was saying,

"... you were so gentle with me, always so respectful and I grew to like you..." I whispered the last part, she bit her inner cheek and looked away while her hands grabbed mine that were on her face and gently pulled them away. I shook my head no and tried to grab her again but she took a step back putting space between us.

"I would've done anything for you, I would've been at your feet Charlene. You made me feel alive, you made me believe in faith..." She cried out, I tried to come closer but her words cut me off quickly.

"I don't know if I can trust you Charlene, for all I know this is one of your other plans to kill me. I want you out of my castle today" she said coldly but her eyes held sorrow while her tears steamed down her face, before I can beg her to give me a chance she turned around and left the room.

Leonor's pov

I stood in front of the main doors watching her get on her horse, she looked so beautiful and I admit I was still in love with her. But she stabbed me in the back, I know it was a mistake to trust her blindly but I couldn't help it, she was so charming and beautiful and I followed her like a lost puppy, I would've given her all she desired, anything she says will be present at her feet but what she did was unforgivable.

"Follow her, make sure she's safe" I said to one my guards, he nodded and quickly went to fetch for a horse. I walked back inside the castle, hopefully she finds someone to help her with her crisis. I don't know if he story was true but she seemed terrified to go back, so maybe she was telling the truth.

I went to my office and sat down on my chair with a glass of wine while I thought about what Charlene said, what if she was in danger? I sighed rubbing my face in frustration.

"Guards!" I yelled, they both walked inside waiting for their orders. I leaned back on the chair with my hand still on my face.

"Fetch me Katia, tell her Charlene needs help. Maybe she can send her men for support" I ordered then shooed them out, they bowed and quickly left to call for Katia. I chugged the wine and threw the glass at wall breaking it into small pieces. Why does it hurt so much... I paced around the room until I was dizzy then leaned against the door sliding down to the floor, what am I supposed to do now?

***************
Very interesting I might say ...

-S