Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'

A/N: 10.06.2022

I FORGOT TO MENTION I'VE STARTED A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!! New videos will be coming soon!

My channel:@letsgohomehidee

The amount of support this book has received in such little time 😭❤ I promise to work hard on this story!!!

Enjoy this update ♡♡

Q/A: What's your favorite story trope?

I have a weak spot for enemies to lovers 👀🚀 (might be my next book? Maybe? Hmmm stay tuned 🥸👀)

✏✏✏

Personal Assistant Rule #1: Never date your boss

~~~

"Wait, wait, honey," Jack said, moving his hands to hush me in front of my face. "You got hired to help someone get their life together when your life is a chaotic mess?"

I rolled my eyes.

"My life isn't a chaotic mess."

My best friend snorted.

"Tell that to your ex."

My jaw dropped and he quickly picked up his pink cocktail, taking a sip from the straw.

"I'm just saying," he went on. "Things didn't end well in your last relationship. I thought you said you were going to quit your agency and find another job."

I pursed my lips. He wasn't wrong. I ended up breaking the golden rule and suffered the consequences: never date your boss. I used to be the personal assistant of the superstar, Aaron Schiller. I worked for him for about a year and then he offered to extend my contract for another 12 months. I couldn't deny that he was as charming as he was on screen and that he was gorgeous from head to toe. He had a nice, deep voice, and a smile that released butterflies in your chest. He was ranked as the country's hottest man (I didn't even know there was a ranking for that).

Aaron and I became pretty close. He trusted me with all the industry's secrets as well as his own, and he confided in me when he had no one else. It made me feel special knowing that Aaron opened up to me. I was part of his small circle. Then one day, we ended up going to an after-party of a famous actress, and Aaron and I ended up getting drunk. One thing led to another and the next thing you know, we woke up naked in the same bed.

We ended up dating during the last year of our contract. He offered to extend it another year, and I was about to accept until there was this huge scandal. He and Sandra Himilton were caught shopping together in the city center, and the paparazzi snapped pictures. Titles like 'Is Aaron finally ready to settle?' Made the headlines. Aaron quickly came to me and told me that it was a misunderstanding. They had gone out for coffee and Sandra wanted to buy her friend a gift. Nothing more, but the media twisted the story.