𓆉 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Minji was standing next to the glass wall as she pulled back the thick curtain slightly. Her eyes were narrowing outside.

What can be interesting outside? Its because Jake has a visitor who looks like linesmen. They just got off the boat while Jake was talking to them. Maybe, about the power line that was damaged by the storm last night.

They were looking up, maybe at the electric post.

She laughed at Jake's appearance. His forehead formed wrinkles as he was frowning, and his hands on his hips. But her smiles disappeared when she saw that his eyes were already on her.

Quickly, she closed the curtain as she put her hand on her chest after being caught. She took a deep breath, perhaps he was still mad at her. She had to apologize while she was still staying there, she didn't want him to be angry with her.  She will make a way.

After pondering, she had an idea "What if I bake him cookies?" Her eyes light up and snapped her fingers "Right!"

When he suddenly remembered "I don't know how to bake." Her shoulders slumped as she sat on the couch, like a loser. 

"Hardworking, knows how to clean and cook."

It was like a bee returning to her hearing those words again. She covered the opening of her ears by her hands. She wanted to stop having his voice ringing inside her head, it seemed to want her to do something.

"Hardworking, knows how to clean and cook."

"Stop bothering me! I'm going to bake now, okay?" She yelled like a mad woman then brought the laptop into the kitchen.

She put it on the counter to search for a video tutorial of chocolate chip cookies. Fortunately, Jake is outside, she can bake easily and she will surprise him with what she cooked.

Because she also wants his praises, she will do it with all her heart. But first she had to check if the ingredients were complete, she opened the fridge and she was so thankful that almost everything was there.

An hour after as she was following the tutorial, now she was already whisking a mixture of ingredients, she was already sweaty and had flour on her face but she will not back down.

Based on the video she first needs let the dough chill for about 30 minutes.

She peeked again at the glass wall and saw Jake sitting on a chair outside watching the construction of the power line. She sighed in relief that she still had plenty of time to bake.

"This is the last step." She whispered as she put the baking pan in the oven. She slumped to the floor in exhaustion, she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the sleeve of her shirt.

When she looked at the mess left behind, surprisingly she smiled "I just hope that everything I did is worth it."

°°°

Jake entered the mansion, he felt relaxed feeling the cold air that coming from the air-con again. The linesmen just leave the island a while ago and it's time for him to charge his phone that had a low battery since last night.

When his eyes searched for a particular girl peeking earlier from inside, he shook his head at her antics.

He was still a little annoyed with her because of course it was Layla, he was the owner he can never threatened his dog to hurt her. And even more, he wouldn't allow anyone else to hurt Layla, even if Minji hadn't continued to do so.

He sat for a while on the couch to turn on the TV and to charge his phone into a nearby outlet.

Later on, someone placed a bowl of cookies on the coffee table, so he looked up to see her smiling at him. He just raised his eyebrow wondering what's going on.

She cleared her throat "I'm sorry for earlier. I'm a short-tempered person and I really don't have intention to hurt her." She glanced at Layla who was looking at the cookies.

"That's why .." She held the bowl and sat close to him "Taste the cookies that I baked as an apology." She brought it closer to him.

Jake doesn't seem to believe her "Are you sure you baked that? Or did you just take that out of the packs of cookies in the fridge?" He held the bowl and then sniffed it, he couldn't deny that the aroma made him hungry.

"If you don't want to believe me then-" she was about to leave when he pulled her back.

"I'll taste it." He uttered then took a piece, he first examined it carefully "Looks overcooked."

She rubbed the back of her neck and smiled shyly "I fell asleep earlier."

He nodded, then bit into the overcooked cookie and his eyes widened at what he tasted "I can't believe that even overcooked it's still delicious." He smiled at her "Looks like you can do something in life now, good job Minji."

She smiled back at him, she felt that everything she had done baking the cookies was worth it. But that wasn’t all she wanted to hear from him.  

"Are you forgiving me now?" She looked down while playing with her fingers.

He chuckled "Why are you asking me and not Layla? Goodluck, she was being a brat lately probably infected by you. "

She glared at him "I'm not contagious." She crouched down next to Layla who was lying on her bolster bed "Layla, i'm sorry. You're as beautiful as I am so let's get along well." She talk to her like she would answer, she then carressed Layla's head.

But Layla just barked at her.

"Yes! Did you hear that, Jakey? Our daughter has already forgiven me." Minji laughed out loud.

"You're not her mother, someone is." Jake rolled his eyes playfully, but with a tinge of red in his cheeks. 

Minji dropped on the floor dramatically "After all I did just for our family, you're just going to cheat on me that easily? Am I not enough-

Jake looks bewildered while watching her who is being dramatic out of nowhere "Jeez..she's so exaggerated"