☾❦✢𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐛✢❦☽

It was the same rain, it was the very same rain that fell from the sky

It was the same rain that fell on the shoulders of the blonde as he rushed back to the apartment with a bag of groceries and a small random arrangement of flowers.

Flowers that were now separated and covered the hardwood floors of the apartment.

It was the same grey sky that they had laid their eyes upon moments before the rain even fell, the same thoughts going through their heads as they just witnessed the disappearance of something grand and beautiful, turn into cold and gray.

It was the same rain that began to fall from the gray clouds, the same rain that was now leaked into the apartment due to the blonde's boots.

The same rain that was lightly soaked up by the black canvas shoes that the girl had worn.

Yet the only thing that wasn't shared was their presence together.

Kurapika had felt it before the rain had even begun.

He had felt it before he was selecting the small arrangement of flowers he had overthought about.

He had felt it before he gave his lover a hot cup of coffee.

He had even felt it slightly before she had woken up.

Something was wrong and something has changed.

He couldn't place it before but he could now.

It took him hours of thinking in the dark, thinking in the mess of the living room, the mess of the now deranged flowers that now limped towards the floorboards.

He should have noticed it sooner, more so at the first hint of difference.

He shouldn't have brushed the feeling off, the feeling of dread.

The feeling of constant dread loomed over his shoulders as he tried to ignore it and carry on with the task of bettering the life of his lover, taking care of her the best he knew how to.

He should have stayed with her, knowing that something was wrong, the way she seemed to be caught up in her own thoughts or how she would forget the smallest of things, despite it being too out of character for her to do such a thing.