Chapter Thirty-Two.

Was it all a dream?

This is the first thought that struck me as I open my eyes. Everything seems normal. Nothing seems out of the place.

"Are you okay? You're sweating." I hear his voice before I see his face.

The next thing I know is that I have my arms wrapped around him as tightly as I possibly can.

"What happened? Did you have a nightmare?" He asks. I let my tears soak his shirt, he should know that I was scared to death. I bury my face in his neck, refusing to let him see my face.

"I thought you died," I tell him, my voice quivering. I'm scared but I'm also relieved that he's here with me. He's fine.

"You mean you dreamt that I died?" He asks. I nod. My tears now soaking his neck.

"Maybe you actually do want me to die, I heard that people dream of the things they are thinking about before they go to sleep." I finally pull away from him and wipe away my tears.

"No, I wasn't. I was just sleeping without thinking about you. Why would I think about you before going to sleep?" I ask him. I'm lying and I think he knows that.

Because, when am I not thinking of him?

He smiles a little and gently pushes me off his lap. I think his lap is my new favorite place to sit on now and I like that he doesn't mind it.

"When did you get home?" I ask him, trying to forget about the strange dream. He lays down and pulls me towards him until my head is resting on his chest. We both lay there in silence for a few seconds.

"An hour ago." He replies.

"Did you sleep? Do you want something to eat?"

"No, I was working for a while and then you started talking in your sleep."

"What did I say?" I ask him. I hope I didn't take Ethan's name.

"Just my name. Over and over again." I smile at this, he must've liked that I'm sure of that.

"Do you want something?" I ask him again. He tightens his arms around me.

"I want you." His voice is barely a whisper but he knows that I heard him.

"But-,"

Didn't he say he won't do anything tonight?

"Please." He says again.

Oh, Aiden Hayes, The effect you have on me.

"Okay."

*

It's been three weeks since Aiden told me the truth about himself and I still can't help but worry about him. What if someone is trying to kill him? He's a Mafia boss, and he told me there were people after him. That means some people want to kill him, right?

I can't ask him about these things because he told me to not talk about them again. But how am I supposed to do this? How are we supposed to stay quiet about this for the rest of our lives?

We are comfortable with each other now but there are times when I still get scared of him. And it still doesn't feel like we're living like a normal couple.

A normal couple goes on dates. Tell their partner that they love them. Kiss them when they leave for work.

But the problem is, we go to work together, so we do none of those things. He knows that I love him and I know that he doesn't.

We don't kiss every day except for the days when we get intimate which is every other day.

I know for a fact that he's trying to figure out his feelings by getting intimate with me so I let him do whatever he wants.

As for the dates, well we still haven't planned any because we are always so busy.

I sigh as I go through the meeting notes from yesterday. I've been feeling a little nauseous since yesterday and I super don't want to get sick because we have a meeting with Ethan tomorrow. And if I get sick, Aiden would probably insist on delaying the meeting and I don't want that to happen. It's already bad enough that I have to see that man tomorrow.

A knock on my cabin door pulls me from my thoughts. I look up and our eyes meet.

"Let's go out for lunch." He says. That's probably the only romantic date I'll ever get, so I should just as well accept his offer.

"Sure. But we still have five minutes before lunch." I tell him, he raises an eyebrow and tilts his head.

"I know you're the boss, but I'm your secretary. I should follow the rules."

He smiles as he walks toward my desk. He picks up my handbag and looks at me again.

"But right now, you're my wife. Now shall we?" He gestures towards the door, I walk towards him and hold out my hand for my bag. He shakes his head and places his other hand on the small of my back.

"Let me treat you like a Queen, after all this is going to be our first time eating out together," He pauses "Alone."

"Yes, let's call it our first date," I say because I've come to terms with it. This is the life I'm going to get and I'm learning to deal with it. It's not like he's doing this because he wants to. He's a busy man, and I just need to understand him.

He smiles at this, again, and together we leave the cabin.

He's walking beside me, his one hand holding my bad and the other on my back. I can feel the other employees' eyes on me. How can I forget? I'm Aiden Hayes's wife. I'm his secretary, yes. But most importantly, I'm his wife. The only woman in his life.

That makes me feel special now that I think about it.

But just being his wife doesn't make my life that special, owning luxury dresses, shoes, and makeup doesn't make this special.

I want to own his heart. That's what's going to make my life special.

That's what I have to do now.

I have to rule Aiden Hayes's heart.