My sunshine ~ Chris Evans

Hello gorgeous people, I am back with another Chris story for you all. I hope everyone is doing well and is healthy. I'm really doing well these days :)

English is not my first language, So I apologize if I made any (grammar) mistakes. Feedback and requests are always welcome. Love you all <3

Warnings: Fluff, Chris going to therapy and being an idiot in love, a little angst in the beginning. Let me know If I forgot something <3

Happy reading! I kinda had second thoughts about this one :(

I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

~

The life that Chris was living in sounded chaotic and messy for individuals who didn't live in it. Being Captain America had responsibilities, not to forget the amazing charm Chris holds against the world. Every girl dreamed of being with him and living in the same world as he did. Going to events, clubbing together, and award show after the award show was every woman's dream. The truth was nothing like that. Chris was a normal guy from Boston who got lucky with getting a part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Unfortunately for him, the happiness that this role brought him, came not alone. It came with anxiety, too. Hearing every click of a camera pointed toward him was difficult for him. Chris hated that he even heard those clicks late at night in his bedroom. When everyone was sleeping. It was like his own brain was against him, replaying those sounds over and over until Chris couldn't help but get up and go for a run.

He knew he needed therapy. Hell, even his own friends and family recommended to him. Seeing Chris miserable was painful for his mother. The fire that was in her son burning for acting was gently dying. She needed to do something; she needed to find help for her son before it was too late.

Lisa found a therapist that changed his son's life forever. You.

Chris was not so eager to go to a therapist, but he trusted his mother's judgement and went to you. Not for himself, but for the people he loved.

When he entered your office, something happened.

He still can't explain to his day what he felt when he saw you for the first time. His vocabulary is not big enough, he says. Something inside him made Chris feel dizzy, like he was about to throw up. He didn't like the feeling, but he took it everything that came from you happily.

You.

There was something about you that made Chris want to learn about you. He wanted you to talk about your life and solve any problem you had, like he was your therapist. When he sat down, he knew one thing was for sure. He was asking you out.

After talking 2 hours with you, it felt like the heavy bricks that were crushing him down were crumbling away, and he could finally take a deep breath without shaking. It felt easy explaining his issues to you. Your eyes were deep brown, but Chris swore he saw a wonderful blue sky in them. He never felt so drawn to person, and he only knew you for two hours. But if spending two hours with you was like this, he couldn't imagine what a lifetime with you would feel like.

After the therapy session, you told him you loved to see him next week again. Chris instantly agreed, loving that he would see you next week, too.

Every week that he came, he fell more in love with you. You learned more about him, and he learned more things about you, too. How your office was full of flowers, especially lilies, for instance. Or how the two dimples next to your mouth were only seen if you smiled. That you had a tattoo of a butterfly on your wrist. Every single detail that Chris had seen was written on his memory with a pen that couldn't be erased. He never talked about you to his family tho. Because he knew, if he started talking about you, his smile that would show up and the way his eyes would shine, tell them the truth. So when his Lisa asked how therapy was, he would simply answer with 'good.'

But his mother didn't buy it. She knew that something was up, and that it had to do something about you. She saw Chris change. He wasn't quiet as he used to be. Her son, that was slowly slipping away from her fingers, was now blossoming like a flower in the spring. She knew that her flower of a son found his sunshine. And she couldn't be more happy about it.

He did it. He didn't know why he did just when the session ended, but he did it. He asked you out. The clicks of a camera were so far for him to hear, thanks to you. But because of you, he could hear the fight that was going on between his heart and brain right now. His heartbeat was going faster, waiting for you to say yes, while his brain was giving him a headache about all the overthinking he was doing. That you were going to say no, that Chris embarrassed himself, and that he looked dumb right now. Yup, his brain loved him.

"Chris, I really don't know what so say. I'm flattered, really. I think you are an amazing person with a soul that is so kind. But I can't date you, you're my patient. And I'm not willing to risk my career because of my feelings."

He should be hurt by what you said, but he wasn't. In fact, he fell more in love with you. This just showed how strong of a woman you were and that you knew your priorities. But he wouldn't let you go that easily. Chris will do everything just to spend time with you.

"What if I go to another therapist? Y/N, you helped me grow so much as a person. You fixed my fragile heart and I haven't been more confident in my body. Please, just give me a chance. I'm sure you have so some great therapist friends you can recommend me. I want to spend time with you, Y/N. Please, let me."

You let him. After recommending your therapist friend Farah to him, he took you out on a date and got to know you outside of work, too.

You were a big Disney fan. Your favorite movie was the princess and the frog, seeing yourself in her since you always had to work hard to get your job, too. What made Chris shocked to hear was that you never went to Disneyland.

"I'm sorry, what? You are a Disney fan, but you never went to Disneyland? How is that even possible?"

The two of you were enjoying some pasta in Chris' favorite restaurant.

"Hey, don't laugh at me, okay? My parents had little money growing up, so we never went. And now, I don't know, It's just weird going alone to Disneyland. Don't you think?"

He frowned at your question.

"Well, you don't have to go alone. Take your family with you. I always go with my whole family. My sisters, brother, cousins, everyone. You can do the same."

You laughed at his comment, thinking about how your family would hate that idea.

"I don't think so. My mom and dad aren't Disney fans just like I am. Plus, they would say that I spend my money on unnecessary stuff and that I don't know the value of money. I don't need to hear another entire speech about life and money just because I wanted to go to Disneyland. I got to hear that tons of times growing up that I know nothing."

He saw you became serious and tense. Talking about your parents was a hard topic for you, and he sensed that instantly. Chris wanted to comfort you and tell you that your parents were missing out, but it wasn't the place or the time.

"I'm so sorry. This is our first date, and I am already talking about my issues. As a therapist, you always listen to problems of other people. Nobody listen to yours."

Chris felt a sting in his heart. You doubtless had so many things to tell, but nobody wanted to listen to you. If you only knew that he would listen to you forever.

"Don't worry sweetheart" he said, taking your hand is his. " I would love to listen to your voice all day, every day."

You smiled at him, with glistering eyes telling him that this was the sweetest thing someone ever said to you, without words. Chris understood. He could read your eyes so well and smiled back.

He promised himself that day he would do everything in his power to make you feel safe to share your problems with him. And further to take you to Disneyland, but as a family.

It's safe to say that he kept his promise.

Part 2 is coming soon!