Vol 3 Chapter 3: Perfection

"Okay I'm here now, what do you want?" Himeno rolled her eyes, storming past me.

"I wanted to have a quick conversation with you," I answered.

"Keep it short then." The bratty girl scoffed.

"You look better than usual Hinemo," I commented, gaining a sigh in response. It seems like my sneaky tactics aren't working.

"Don't tell me you made me come here just so you could flirt with me?" Himeno sighed, sucking on her signature lollipop.

"It would be very impolite and rude for me not to compliment a beautiful lady when she is looking even more beautiful," I smirked, grabbing her hand and then kissing it.

"Spare me all that nonsense, what did you call me here for?" She stated, rolling her eyes once again and pushing my head away from her hand.

"I called you here to talk about my progression," I responded, taking a seat on my bed.

"Oh, that's it? Well if that's all then, you're doing well." 'Doing well' isn't enough.

"What else could I change?" For a moment she paused, taking out her lollipop to think.

"I don't know, if you keep in this direction you'll be good."

"Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated." I wonder how my mother and father will react when they see how much I've matured.

"Is that it?" She asked, side-eyeing me.

"No, I have one more question."

"Go on."

"Are you dating anyone at the moment?" Once the question left my mouth, she gave me a puzzled look.

"Goldie don't tell me you're about to ask me out?" Shit, my cover is blown. Luckily father taught me how to think on my feet when talking to women.

"And if I were?" Himeno smiled at my witty response.

"Well to answer your first question. No, I don't. And for your second question, I would need you to take me on a date first."

"That can be arranged." I fired back.

"Mhm, how about we go on now." She cheekily smiled. "You know, now that I look at you properly, you're kinda cute." I secured my first date and my first compliment from her, it's safe to say that I'm on a roll.

"It took you a while, but you finally came around to acknowledging my elegance." After hearing my comment, she playfully hit my chest. "But on a serious note though. Over the past couple of weeks that we've known each other, you've impacted me quite a bit. Thank you, Himeno." I thanked her, hugging her, which surprised her.

"You're welcome Koenji, but can you let go of me." She stated, sounding kind of panicked. "Sorry I get really scared when people I'm not used to hugging, hug me." She informed me. "Anyway, although I like how you've changed a bit of your personality for the good, please keep your little quirky traits. I find that the most interesting and fun about you, and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too." Huh?

"What do you mean?"

"Our first objective was to remove all the negative elements of it, now that's complete we need to mesh it with your new outlook on things. To put it simply, I was getting you to get rid of your bad traits to replace them with better ones. I'm trying to create the perfect Koenji." She explained.

"I see, thank you Himeno." I'm truly sincere. Mother was right, I did need to come here.

"Why don't you call me weird names anymore, it was funny." She likes it when I would poke fun at her?