eighteen - venus

Last one. I love you guys so, so much.

.

Life is good. Life is so, so good.

You and Levi both pass all of your exams by decently high margins. You get the overall better average of your exam grades (Levi tries to barter that his exams were harder, but a deal is a deal) and he has to treat you to dinner. 

(You get your mark back from your presentation that you did with Levi. One hundred percent. Actually, it was a ninety-eight, but the prof gave you two bonus marks for 'great answers to questions'.)

Partially in celebration and partially because Levi agrees to hold up his end of the deal, the two of you pick a night and Levi treats you to dinner. It's an extravagant dinner too: he tells you to dress up, he borrows Erwin's car (since when did Erwin have a car?), and he takes you to this gorgeous restaurant downtown. 

The restaurant is good, but the walk afterwards is even better. Levi takes you to the park, the same one that you'd celebrated Isabel's birthday in. He takes you to the same clearing, to the same picnic bench, and the two of you sit in the same spot: on the picnic table, facing the swing set, under the setting sun.

You kick your legs out, your dress fluttering in the breeze. The weather is warm today, but the breeze is still a bit chilly. "I'm stuffed," you announce, leaning back on your palms. "That dinner was good."

"Me too," Levi agrees, shuffling closer to you. He grabs your hand; you let him, lacing your fingers with his. "Want to walk or sit?"

"Sitting is nice," you say, squeezing his hand.

"Sitting it is," he agrees.

You shuffle closer to Levi, content to listen to nature for a moment. The park isn't completely empty: there's a few kids on the playground with a group of parents watching not too far away, and some girl is sitting under one of the trees with a stack of books. It doesn't make the time with Levi any less perfect.

Levi lets go of your hand so that he can take off his jacket. You stare at him quizzically until he puts it over your shoulders. "I didn't ask for this," you say.

"You didn't have to," he tells you, taking your hand again.

Aw. You're not really that cold, but you don't mind the extra warmth- plus, it smells like Levi, which is an added bonus. "Thank you," you murmur, pulling it further over your shoulders and squeezing his hand.

He squeezes your hand in return. "This is where we held hands for the first time," Levi remarks.

You tip your head to grin at him. "Wasn't it pinkies?"

"Same difference."

"Okay then." You lean forwards, head still tilted to look at him. His lips are quirked. "First place we held hands," you agree, "even if it was pinkies. Is that why we're here?"

Levi shrugs. "Yeah."

"I thought this place was..." you gesture in front of you, to that swing set that you remember Isabel playing on last time. "I thought it was special to the three of you," you admit. "Isn't it? I mean, you guys come here a lot, right?"

"Not too often," he says. A breeze ruffles through the clearing and messes with Levi's bangs; you have the urge to move them away. "Not really, honestly. Just a place we'd come. Worked well if we ever wanted to celebrate anything."

"Mm." You smile at him. "Are we celebrating something?"

He shrugs. "Nearly three weeks of dating?"

"What a milestone."