18 | Middle of the night

18+

18+

Bodhi is peacefully sleeping with a bunch of blankets surrounding him, I sat on the chair across from the bed with a glass of red wine in my hand. It was getting too hot to lay in bed so I decided to open the window and sit next to it, I changed into a white fitted dress that barely covered anything. I sipped the rest of my wine as my eyes glanced outside the window finding the light on in the guest house, interesting.

I left my wine glass on the table before standing up, while walking through the hallways my fingers were unbraiding my long hair. I walked across the pool to the house, I could hear the fire crackling inside the house.

I should've stayed in the room, I know that but I didn't.

I opened the door and carefully walked inside, my feet tip-toed over to where the fireplace was at. My head poked from behind the wall finding a shirtless Kaz sitting on the couch with his elbows above his knees and a glass of scotch in his huge hand. He looked to be lost in thought, he was blankly staring at a small picture he had in his other hand.

"Hey." I whispered, his head whipping towards me.

He turned and shoved the picture inside the drawer, that's weird because it was almost like he was trying to hide it from me.

"Hey." He smiled before chugging the rest of his scotch. "What are you doing awake?"

"I couldn't sleep." I said.

"Me either." He replied, quietly.

We both sounded so conflicted with each other, it was almost like a painful type of quiet being shared between us. My back leaned against the wall with my head tilted back, and my eyes stayed completely mesmerized by him.

"You really shouldn't be here Talitha." He says while standing up.

"I know, god I know." I said. "But I can't stay away from you, I've tried."

Kaz turned around no longer looking at me, his hand ran across his chin. He was frustrated, I'm not sure whether he was frustrated with me or himself maybe with the pull between us. His arm raised the glass before throwing it against the fireplace shattering it to pieces, the alcohol made the fire bigger and my body jumped from his sudden outburst.

"Fuck." He mumbled, angrily.

"Why did you jump in the pool? Your afraid of water but you still jumped in after me, why?" I asked, my voice cracked.

He slowly turned to face me with his teeth biting his bottom lip, he was looking at me like I was stupid. He strode over to me with big steps, my body tried backing away but the wall didn't allow me. I held my breath when he stood only inches away from me, his hands trapped my cheeks forcing me to look at him. His head dipped catching my eyes, he made me feel all types of emotions more than his son has ever gotten out of me.