Chapter 71

Amara's POV

Walking into the kitchen, i looked down at my phone to check the time. 5:45pm.

I glanced up quickly and saw my mum resting on the island in the middle of the room, scrolling through her phone.

'Hi mama.'
I said, hugging her from behind and resting my head on her back.

'Hey babygirl, you okay?'
She asked as she turned around and pulled me into a hug, relaxing me instantly. This woman is amazing.

'Did you know a 20 second hug or 10 minutes of holding someone's hand, reduces the harmful physical effects of stress, including its impact on your blood pressure and heart rate.'
I explained, after a few seconds of silence and pulled away, sitting on the counter.

'Mhmm. I do have a question'
She replied, looking at me while eating a piece of watermelon, allowing me to raise my eye brows.

'How many asteroids have hit Earth?'

'Well, 26,115 asteroids have skimmed past Earth since 1990. It is estimated that probably 500 meteorites reach the surface of the Earth each year, but less than 10 are recovered but the last major asteroid that hit earth was 66 million years ago. It was the asteroid, chicxulub crater, that wiped out all of the dinosaurs which left behind a crater off the coast of Mexico that spans 93 miles and goes 12 miles deep. Dreadnoughtus. A dreadnoughtus was the largest dinosaur to exist. In life it was 26 metres or 85 feet long and weighed about 65 tons.'
I rambled, as she listened closely and began making a conversation about dinosaurs and asteroids.

'Cute ring'
I muttered, eyeing her huge wedding ring.

'It's gorgeous. To be honest, i don't know how i've put up with him for this long'
She laughed, making me do the same as we both sat on the island in the kitchen.

'When was the last time he actually took you out?'
I questioned, thinking about they're relationship.

'Well normally it's just things to do with the mafia...but the last time that was, was when you got taken. That was the last time we all really went out as a family. But with Armando and i, it was probably a couple of months before that?'
She thought to herself, making me gasp.

'You haven't been on an actually date in basically 11 years?'
I practically screamed, causing her to laugh slightly.

'Baby, i'm 42 years old. I don't do dates no more'
She replied, making me give her an 'are you serious' look.

'I'm not having it'
I explained and jumped off of the counter and sprinting to my father's office.

'HOW DARE YOU NOT TAKE MY MOTHER OUT ON A DATE FOR 11 YEARS'
I yelled, standing with my hands on my hips and glaring at him.

'Sorr...'

'DON'T 'sorry' ME. GET YOUR ASS IN YOUR ASS UP AND GET READY. YOU TAKING HER ON A FUCKING DATE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR...'

With the look i was getting from him right now, scared me, only slightly.

'Please can you stand up and go to your bedroom, shower and get ready as you are taking my beautiful mother out on a date at 8. Thank you. Goodbye now.'
I said quickly then walking out and shutting the door.

'You-'

'No questions. Now let's get you ready.'
I spoke, pulling my mom's arm in the direction of my bedroom.

'Sit there, and let me work my magic'

•••••••

'Your are one stupendously gorgeous human being'
I said, staring at my mother who put in her earring in the mirror.