chapt 36 • Distractions

I enter my father's office without knocking which turns into an instant regret when I see Madelyn sitting with both her parents, discussing something which comes to a halt when they all turn to look at me

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were meeting anyone. I'll come back later" I go close the door but Madeline pushes her seat back and places her hand on her father's shoulder.

"Can I please step outside?" Her father nods and Madelyn puts her hand on the doorknob, over mine and looks at me with a lip bite.

I'm the only one who sees it but it makes me quickly pull my hand away, apologizing as if it was my fault and turning and walking out.

"Alessio! wait" She walks faster to catch up to me, she puts her hand on my forearm and again my arm retracts back to my side.

If I were staring into eyes that reminded me of the sun shining down onto a sunset, my face would be heating terribly. My mind would fall blank and my body would fall to the sound of her soft yet seductive voice.

"Do you think you can assist me? Since your partner's out showing around some guy" I realize Madelyn has been talking and I haven't been listening to a word she's said.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that please?"

"I said, do you think you can assist me with my end of the year project since you won't have to worry about your partner for today... I forget her name" She plays with her hair, trying to discreetly stand closer to me but I move back slightly.

"Honey, her name is Honey... why wouldn't I have to worry about her today?" Madelyn shrugs.

"I mean she seemed so busy today, at least that's what I saw and heard. Her walking out and going into town with the new guy, I thought that meant that you'd finally be free. They seemed to have a lot planned for the day" She says, eyes looking at me as if her mind is thinking about something other than this conversation.

"I'm sure she won't be gone for long, I still have our project to work on... I should get going" Madelyn stops me again.

"Maybe I can help, or we can help each other. I realized your name wasn't on the tutor list anymore and I've been desperately looking for one and think you'd be perfect" She's closer now.

I don't like it.

"If not then maybe you can tell me your room so I can stop by for some notes" She licks her lips, and my body has the urge to turn away and walk away, growing uncomfortable in the situation.

"I don't think my notes would be beneficial for you... my penmanship isn't the best" I excuse myself, walking away before she could come up with something else.

I haven't forgotten that Honey was the one chosen to show Jaxon the town. The tour given during your first year is short, something that wouldn't last long.