chapt 39 • Wedding Bells & Regrets

I was dreading today

I wish I could just turn back time right now and go back to yesterday when Alessio's head was between my legs and all I thought about was how hot he looked and how good he made me feel.

"They're all so pretty" Charolette compliments each dress as I bring them out to show her both and Astra.

"It might be kinda obvious that I would choose the red one," Astra said as they both sat on the end of my bed but Charolette sitting in Astra's lap blushing every time she spoke behind her.

"Well I can't pick one, Honey looks good in everything. It's hard to choose" She huffs and Astra laughs behind her, making Charolette look at her with a frown.

"I knew you'd said that, you aren't wrong though" Astra leaves a kiss on Charolette's cheek which turns as red as the dress in front of them.

In the end, we went with the wine dress.

"Something tells me you don't want to go" Astra mentions, seeing how I'm wasting time drying off my hair.

"Neither side of my family will enjoy me being there," I tell them, brushing through my hair and sitting in the chair so Charolette can curl it.

"My aunt is the same way, she thinks there's a demon inside of me that's made me this way. I'm here so it doesn't come for her holy soul" She laughs, but Charolette looks at her with sad eyes.

"What does she know? You're amazing!"  Charolette blurts out after she's done with my hair, quickly crossing her arms.

"I don't care what she thinks of me or what anyone does, except you, I care what you think way too much," Astra says in her ear, and Charolette hiccups.

"We'll leave you to finish up" Astra took Charolette's hand and left my room as they both waved goodbye but Charolette tried saying it with her words but hiccuped again.

When they shut the door and left, my room fell silent and empty. I wasted time slipping on the dress, and putting on jewelry.

Standing in the mirror for two minutes, ignoring Grandma's reminder about the driver being on their way.

I finally gave up trying to pass the time by myself and decided to visit Alessio's room before he left with his father.

I left and locked my room with my key. One girl coming out of her room complimented my dress but that girl also happened to be Madeline's roommate.

Madeline stood outside beside her, "I guess you look nice, have fun at the wedding" Before I got to say anything someone came walking down the hall.

"Honey, can I talk to you in my office? Please" Adam distracts me from Madelyn's remark.

I ignore her and walk with Adam to his office instead. "I wanted to talk to you before you leave"

"I'm guessing you also know what today is, didn't think you'd remember" I sat on the arm of the couch behind me.