~Prank War P1 (Keefex)~

Here's a ship that is very obviously gaining popularity with every new book: Keefex!

I think this ship is very cute in so many ways, from the ways Keefe and Dex would work together to pull pranks on people to the experiences with Sophie they have shared. This is one of the most wholesome ships in the KOTLC fandom, which is why I'm honored to have received a request from thatdamtechnopath to write a oneshot for this ship.

Also, @thatdamtechnopath , I know I didn't exactly write it the way I was asked, but I will be writing more Keefex in the future and I stuck to the basic idea of Keefe and Dex pranking people. Enjoy!

Anyways, here ya go!

(Psst, this takes place in an imaginary AU where Keefe and Dex met before Sophie.)

Another psst, I might do a part two to this. Who knows?)

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

"Hey, Biana! Hey, Fitzy!" I said, making my way over the lunch tables I sat at with my friends. Fitz waved casually while Biana flailed her arms around like a lunatic while blushing furiously-something I often pretended not to notice.

"Hey, Keefe, I bought you something!" Fitz called out to me. I gave him a look of curiosity, which he smiled at and handed me box of small cookies with white cream sandwiched between two chocolate circles.

"My dad and I took a little trip to the human world, and I thought you like them," he explained.

"Aww, thanks, Fitzy!" I said, grabbing a cookie and hungrily and chewing on it. The cookie part tasted good with its crunchy texture, but the filling tasted terribly familiar.

"Fitz, is that...toothpaste?" Fitz's body rolling around on the floor in laughter answered my question. Biana cupped her mouth with her hand to suppress her giggles.

"Oh, you think this is funny?!" I pointed to the box of cookies. "Well, you just started a prank war! Get ready for hell, Vacker Boy!" I stormed off to my ditching corridors in a hurry. I liked to sit under a certain staircase whenever I wanted to think of original prank ideas. The quiet helped me clear my mind.

As I sprinted to the stairs, I saw a shadow of a small boy eating lunch under them. He had strawberry blonde hair and periwinkle eyes, which were staring at the floor in deep thought.

"Umm, hello?" I asked after moments of standing in front of the boy with him not noticing me.

His periwinkle eyes darkened with disdain as he muttered a sentence that used the words "Wonderboy" and "best friend".

"Do you need something?" he asked.

"Well, yes, actually! This is my thinking place, in fact..." I trailed off. "What's your name?"

"Dex," he responded flatly.

"Cool, I'm Keefe!" I reached out my hand for him to shake, which he looked at as if it was an alien from outer space.

"I know," Dex said coldly. "And you can have your personal staircase back." Dex reached for his tray of cafeteria food, his bag, and a tall, slim jar filled halfway with bubbly pink liquid.

"Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing to the jar.

"It's an elixir," he said. Memories of a bright colored shop littered with shelves of potions filled my head.

"Ohhh, right! I forgot! Dex Dizznee! Potion dude!" I said. He gave me a withering glare at the way I emphasized his last name.

"Yes, and?" Dex snapped.

"Wow, yikes!" I said. "I was just saying you were good at alchemy-"

Wait a minute. A plan started to form in my head, tiny puzzle pieces gravitating toward each other like magnets.

"Weren't you that kid who gave Stina Heks green hair?" I asked, resting my hands on my hips and raising one eyebrows.

Dex turned away to hide his flattered grin. Deep dimples carved into his face shone like shooting stars. "Yup," he said proudly.

"How would you feel about pranking someone with me?"

Dex's grin faded. "And why would I do that?" I smirked at his cute eyeroll.

"Oh well, I just I'll just dye Fitz's hair pink all by myself-"

"Deal," Dex said quickly.

"You came around fast," I noted. Dex shrugged casually.

"So?" Dex questioned me. I copied his shrug.

"Meet here during fifth period," I said. Dex nodded as his strawberry blonde bangs swayed as he moved.

"See you there," I said, winking. Dex's face turned bright pink as he gritted his teeth and muttered something incoherent, walking away hastily.

I smirked. This was going to be a very interesting prank war.