【100K SPECIAL】

Author's Note:

Dear readers,
     Thank you for contributing so much to this novel! The diligent reading, voting, and commenting—I appreciate it—many thanks! This chapter is a special occasion for 100K READS and 7K VOTES. It feels like barely any time have passed since publishing my first two chapters, gosh. Though I have experienced many ups and downs in my life, coming back to writing is still my top priority.

In fact, it comes to the point where I am writing to make myself entertained rather than for my readers. Reading comments just makes me feel better, and helps me ignore that I am a selfish shitty human who malds every easily and live under a fake endearing mask— ahem

Anyways, just keep in mind that the more comments, the better I feel! *Wink wink, nudge nudge, hint hint*? Okay, just make me happy please.

But of course, I want to award you guys for the support. This "special chapter" is different compared to the other chapters I've published ^-^

Hehe, be prepared for some new spices!

*****

A spiral of stairs present before me. Only the top is illuminated by the sun's clemency shine, while the rest is overshadowed in the film of a thick brocade. If I am just a mere step away from entering the depths of hell right now, then my mind must be flying up the stairs, back to when I stood at the top of the hierarchy.

I found myself wandering back to the past.

There was a soft coat of fleece wrapped around me. It was warm and gentle, not too heavy or light. The coat shielded me from the air... it was suffocating, but it felt good to stay in my own bubble of space... undisturbed by the chaotic outside forces—

All of a sudden, a gust of cold air whipped across my cheeks. The coldness of the world truly made me realize just how small I was, and how easily I could get knocked over.

My... my coat! It was thrown off of me, falling onto the carpeted floor.

I looked up, meeting my worst nightmare—the mischievous smile of my older brother.

Zephyratt is seven years older than me, and his height shows. Thirteen is the age of adolescence, and also the age of rapid growing. Big brother has already towered over me by two heads...!

"I've caught you, Lucy!" He laughed, showing off his victory pose—a 'v' shaped by his two fingers, and an arm set on his hips.

I wanted to cringe and crawl into the floor, but as his little brother, I didn't tell him.

After all, I am just a six-year-old boy. How was I supposed to express my feelings on such a matter of posing and gestures?

"You can't hide from me! After all, I am your big brother and know you the best!" Zephyratt crouched down to meet my eyes.

It was such a shame.

I wholeheartedly believed that hiding in the corner would spare me from the embarrassment of associating myself with him.

"Mother said that she knows me the best." I retorted, a hit of sulk written across my childish face.

Zephyratt's smile widened. "That doesn't count. Mother is a girl—we are both boys. So of course I would know you the best!"

I sat there in silence.