Chapter Nine

Nora woke an arm wrapped around her body, holding her close. The warmth radiating behind her had her eyes popping open. She shuffled, turning to see Sage behind her.

"Sage." She seethed. His hand squeezed her hip, indicating he could hear her, his eyes remained shut. "You should be at Tammy's."

"Not without you." Sage mumbled, nestling closer to her. Nora scowled, unwinding the arm that held her tight. Sage's eyes popped open, arm already reaching out for her. "Nora." He whined.

"No, you need to listen to me. You need to rest. stop being so bloody stubborn and do as your told!" she huffed, arms crossing over her chest. She forgot about not wearing any pants or shorts. Her shirt riding up slightly. Sage had noticed, his eyes wondering up and down her exposed legs. His hand stroked up her thigh, enjoying the skin under his fingers. Nora smacked his hand away, pulling the shirt down.

"Is that my shirt?" Sage asked. he knew it was, he could smell it.

"Maybe." Nora retorted angrily. Her hands pulling the martial down. Sage grinned.

"Sage, did you hear me?" she asked.

"Yes Nora." He rolled his eyes, annoyed. She glared at him, her anger spiking.

"Don't yes Nora me. Do as your told."

"I will, just let me sleep next to you." He jutted out his bottom lip. Nora looked him over, she walked over to her dresser, taking her phone and sending a few messages, letting Tammy know Sage was with her. the response from the healer was instant, causing her lips to twitch up.

"Tammy knows you are here." Nora said.

"Does she?" Sage winced; he knew he would hear it from his mother for leaving. Nora sighed, gently climbing back into her bed. Sage pulled her to him, Nora turned around to face him, her fingers gently playing with his hair. She heard him purr under her touch and found herself smiling even though she was angry. She gave him a light peck on the lips, as she pulled away, his hand cupped the back of her head pulling her back. His lips pressed against hers, his tongue swiping at her bottom lip. Nora allowed him to taste her, after a few more seconds, she pulled back, panting.

"Go to sleep."

"Goodnight." Sage whispered, pressing his lips against hers before falling to sleep.

Nora groaned waking up, the male beside her would not let her up.

"Sage." She grumbled, pushing at his arm.

"I'm injured Nora." Sage replied, tightening the hold he had.

"I am aware, I need to check your shoulder." Nora informed him. She nipped his chin in frustration, his eyes shot open, giving her a dark look.

"Don't start something you can't finish." He growled.

"Unhand me, doofus." She huffed. Sage could feel his body responding to the scent of Nora's arousal. He nuzzled into her throat, nipping at the soft spot between her shoulders and throat. Her moan giving him more energy. His hand trailed down her side, fingers gently stroking over the apex between her thighs. Nora arched into his touch, a gasp leaving her lips.

"Sage." She breathed. His teeth nipped at her chin as he hummed lazily at her. "You're injured." She threw the words back into his face he had used earlier. He scowled at her.

"Fine, you started this and I expect you to finish it later." He let her go, rolling onto his back. Nora blinked, rolling out of bed and landing on her feet. The cool air nipped at her skin, causing her to shiver. She rubbed her arms, walking to her dresser and throwing a pair of pants on. Heading to the kitchen, she sorted out a few bits for breakfast while also grabbing her medical kit. Her hands full, she walked back into her room, Sage sitting up on her bed. She placed the tray down on her dresser, eyes scanning over his body.