Old Times and Upcoming Trouble

Third person view

The prides all gathered around around the two Warrior prides. Kion was currently sitting and facing Swan, the apparent leader of the second warrior pride.

"So Swan, what happened? Where's Cleon and the rest of the Warriors?" Kion questioned. It was about a week following the rescue of their member and the killing of the Killer's best assassin.

The group had healed and rested enough to where most of them were now conscious.

However Kion noticed that Giza and DJ were keeping their distance from each other. He had too much problems already, bad blood can't be one of them.

"The Pride Killers" Ajax said confirming Kion's suspicion.

"They came outta every shadow like they were one themselves just after we got finished eating. I don't know how they got inside our turf without our scouts seeing them but they did. Cleon and most of our best fighters stayed behind to give us time to get away" Swan said.

"More than likely they died" Ajax said chiming in. Swan shot him a dirty look but looked back at Kion with a sad one.

"I hate to say it but Ajax is probably right, Cleon knew where your pride went and since he hasn't met up with us by now..." Swan said trailing off with a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry. But dying in the heat of battle with blood and fur in your teeth instead of old and frail" Kion said as Swan nodded.

"That's the way every Warrior wants to leave this life. Also I'm sorry about loosing your territory as well, Warlord" Swan said. Kion nodded. Though Kion did want the same death, he preferred it was when he was older, maybe his father's age, and he could see his cubs get mates of their own maybe even grandcubs.

"It is alright, we can always reclaim it after we kill the Killers or claim a new one since I'm not longer being hunted by my old pride" he said.

"Also, after discussing it with, I guess my pride now, we would like to join in the fight against the Pride Killers" He said. Kion nodded.

"I'm okay with that, the more fighters I can rely on the better. But after, I'm assuming you guys are gonna go back to how it was? Carrying the Warrior name in a territory of your own?" Kion said to which Swan nodded.

"I just have one question" Ajax said drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Who made you War-Chief?" He questioned Swan as Kion groaned. Ajax then stood up despite his still healing wounds.

"I got about much right to take over the pride as you do" he added as another lion from Swan's pride got up and stood next to Swan. This one had matching brown fur and mane.

"It was Cleon's choice after you lost the fight. Swan's War-Chief" he said.

"Well right now, Cleon is probably halfway through the intestines of any vulture in our old turf. I wanna be War-Chief" he said digging his claws into the dirt.

Swan stood up himself with a snarl.

"Make your move" he said knowing that since they were both wounded, so neither had an advantage.

"Hey Ajax, lighten up" a lioness from the pride said.

"Big boy Swan's War-Chief. Accept it. At least until the Killers are taken care of" another male said. However that didn't seem to do anything as both stared each other down.

They were about to pounce on each other when a loud growl echoed throughout the area. The source was an angry Kion who was now also standing and digging his claws into the dirt.