Fractured

I'd like to reiterate that all relationships are strictly characters, and not in reference to real cc's. Thanks!

Every part of me wanted to go find Tommy, wherever he was. In fact, I even started walking towards the main city to find him. But I stopped about halfway. At the very edge of the city.

Because part of me knew I had another job to do first.

Another friend to make amends to.

After all, Ranboo asked me to do it.

I sighed, my breath forming mist that disappeared just as quickly as it became visible in the chilled air. I turned around, and began heading away from L'Manberg.

Away from Tommy.

And towards Tubbo.

Gods, when was the last time I talked to Tubbo?

Like genuinely talked to him?

I'd seen him once, during the fight for the disks, another time before that when he attempted to execute my brother, and some time before that, when he was Schlatt's right right hand man.

But those times didn't count.

We weren't on the same side of history.

Hell, the last time I talked to him, Wilbur was alive. The old Wilbur. L'Manberg was still in one piece. The old L'Manberg.

It had been too long, and I had made too many excuses not to speak with him. Mostly, I feared what he would say.

Would he forgive me? For siding with my brother, who put an explosive arrow through his eye? For siding with Dream, who tried to kill him, tried to use Ranboo to kill him, and got Ranboo killed? For running away from everything when it was over with?

Too many questions that could all end in a 'no'. And hell, they deserved to.

I reached the edge of the water, past the prison. Behind me was the city, filled with people who had tried to kill me, people I had never even met, and Tommy.

And before me was quite possibly my greatest regret.

Giving up on Tubbo.

Leaving him without even offering up a second chance.

A massive man-made tunnel stretched the length of the water, the other side reaching a place called Snowchester.

I drew in one more deep breath, and bundled my cloths tighter together. The temperature would only drop from here.

I walked in silence through the tunnel, the only sounds being my shoes hitting the cold stone ground, and the ocean water lurching above and around me.

Strangely enough, right as I emerged from the tunnel, I noticed the sound of waves crashing above me had came to a halt. When I emerged onto the shore, I quickly realized why. The water around the bay was frozen over. Now that I actually looked around, the beach I was standing on wasn't made of sand, it was covered in snow.

In fact, the entire stretch of land as far as I could see was covered in a least an inch of snow.

Strange.

The boy in love with bees and nature, living in a place so void of that.

I guess a lot has changed.

I walked down what I could only assume to be a pathway, although it was hard to make out underneath the blanket of snow above it.

A small cottage stood on the peak of the land, and I could see a single lantern burning in the window. My nerves shot up, as the full realization set it as to just how close I was to speaking to my old friend again.