C36 A Birthday Party

"A Birthday party ? For Bella Swan? Why?"

" Iridessa, she's Edward's girlfriend, and she's going to be one of us one day ," Alice said as she gathered up her Party Planning Book.

It was one of Alice's most treasured things.

When Iridessa was little and turned four , she had the greatest birthday party.

Now, it wasn't a princess party. She wanted to be a pirate captain and find treasure.

Alice made it happen, even if she was reluctant to. She wanted Iridessa to be a princess.

The next year she got her wish.

" I am not helping you decorate, and I am not attending the party. I have my studies. I'll hide in my room until she goes home."

Alice narrowed her eyes at her. " Rosalie are going to be there , so you can make an effort also. Do it for Edward ,if not for Bella."

Iridessa huffed. " Edward's not going to care if I'm there or not. He knows I can't stand that girl."

" Iridessa, I am not asking, I'm telling you!"

Iridessa glared at Alice. It wasn't often that they fought, but does happen.

" You can't tell me what to do , you're not Mommy!"

" I am as good as . I helped raise you!"

" It doesn't matter! I'm not going to attend some Muggle girl's party!"

" Yes you are!"

Iridessa glared harder, ignoring the way the house shook as her anger got out of hand.

There was a rush of wind and arms wrapped around her. She looked up to see Jasper and he stood there concentrating on calming her down.

She didn't want to calm down, but the wave hit her and she had no choice.

" Alice, please stop antagonizing the child. She has the right to say no just like everyone else ."

" But I want her to be there,Jazz."

" I know, but you heard her, she has studying to do."

" She can leave it for one night, can't she?"

Iridessa listened to them talk and bristled inwardly. She wasn't a child anymore and how dare they talk about her like she isn't there?!

" She can , but she won't. Bella won't want her there anyway. That girl forgets that Iridessa are a child of this family and she ain't. Come on, Darlin' . You know Bella and Iridessa aren't friends. So don't force them together at your own fancies. Bella must learn that she's the intruder and not Iridessa. Now get dressed for school or you're going to be late. Both of you."

Iridessa looked down at her pajamas. She didn't want to go to school today , but Jasper looked like he'll throw her over his shoulder and take her to school.

" Can't we negotiate?"

" No."

" Why not?"

" Because Dad said school is good for you."

" But nobody likes me there!"

Jasper sighed. He knew that she was seen as a troublemaker by everyone in this town, and no matter how much he and his family says otherwise, people keep on believing what they want to believe.

"Just get dress,Irid_"

" It's okay. Mom says she can stay out of school for today," Rosalie said from the doorway of Alice and Jasper's bedroom.