Thirty-Three

After spending the evening with the rest of the BTS members, her stomach full of stew Suga made, and her abs sore from laughing at Jin's dads jokes, Auden crawled into Jimin's bed for the second time.

She would be returning to work tomorrow where she's have to tell Linda she was going to be working for HYBE again. Then her and Jimin would need to break the news to Bang Si-hyuk.

Then she'd also have to tell Emmie...and lastly her parents.

They were lying together in his bed, her head was on his chest and he was running lazy circles on her back with his fingertips.

"Did you enjoy dinner tonight?" Jimin asked.

"I enjoyed it a lot. They're all very much like they are on TV."

"Crazy and obnoxious?" Jimin asked, and she could hear him smiling even though she couldn't see his face.

"Sweet and maybe a little chaotic is how I would put it," Auden chuckled.

Silence fell between them for a moment, but Auden's mind was still wandering back to all the people she would need to break the news to.

"I need to go visit my parents."

"I think that's probably a good idea before you leave for several months."

"I already haven't seen them in months," she admitted.

"They must miss you," he said quietly. Something about the darkness made it easier to admit things. Wrapped in the light of the moon, lying in his arms, she found herself incapable of hiding from him.

"I told them about my job over the summer. But I didn't tell them any details. I knew they would only be proud if they heard how much money I'd made."

"You want them to accept you no matter what you make. I get it," he said gently.

"My parents, my mother especially, thinks this job won't give me success. And I don't want to prove her wrong. She doesn't even deserve to be proved wrong," Auden said.

"I think you need to at least say goodbye. Get some closure."

"Is it terrible that I wouldn't mind going on the tour and not saying goodbye?"

"No, you've distanced yourself because their actions have hurt you. I think it's very brave of you to take those measures to protect yourself emotionally. Boundries are important."

"I sometimes would wish when I was younger that I had different parents. Which I know is so selfish considering they always took care of me and everything. I had more than I could've ever asked for. . .but is it terrible that I wished they would've loved all of me?"

"Mine will love you. They'll take you in and treat you like their own."

Auden's head lifted off his chest and she looked at Jimin with a hesitant expression. "You make it sound like I'm going to end up being their daughter in law or something."

Jimin smiled, brushing back a strand of hair from her face. "I hope one day you will be."

Her breath caught in her throat and she looked at Jimin with wide eyes.

"I scared you. Oh gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He put his hands over his face, flushing with embarrassment. She had yet to see a shy Jimin and it was incredibly cute.

"No," Auden chuckled nervously, pulling his hands away from his handsome face and forcing herself to breathe. "I guess I just didn't realize that you were thinking those things."