Ishq

ISHQ- Love 

"Ma'am..." short, concerned voices were reaching my ears. I attempted to open my eyes but soon closed them as a sudden pain reached my head. Why was it paining? I attempted to remind my brain about the latest scenario and suddenly the thought of Yash made me jerk my eyes open.

Numerous unfamiliar faces were staring at me with concern. My eyes searched for anything that could convince me that Yash was fine. Suddenly, the thought compelled my heart to ache in agony. I wasn't letting him leave me too. I wasn't going to allow myself to be heartbroken. It wasn't happening. Faith wasn't going to play games with me. It wasn't going to steal Yash from me. Not him! Not when it hurts so much at the mere thought of never being able to see his gorgeous smile.

"Ma'am, are you okay" same a hesitant voice as the lady from earlier touched my shoulder in concern. They had made me lay down on the couch. I pulled myself from it though they were urging me to have some rest.

"What had happened to Yash?" I inquired not letting my overthinking mind drive me crazy.

"Ma'am... I suggest you rest..." she was trying to doze off the topic but I interrupted her.

"No! Answer me..." I was least bothered if I sounded unprofessional. "What's wrong with him? Why is he not receiving our phone?"

"Nothing is wrong with your Yash." I heard a familiar voice and my eyes strolled in that direction. Abhijeet had a broad smile playing on his lip as he winked in my direction. That mischief was radiating from his orbs. It took a minute for my mind to register his words. The burying hope returned to the surface as I pulled myself from the hard, rough couch.

My legs directed me in his direction. Eyes demanding him to elaborate on the matter. "He isn't in a condition to console you." Those words made a sudden wave of anxiety knock out my spirit. I stumbled on my steps, Abhijeet attempted to reach for me but I maintained my posture.

"What do you mean?" My tone had the fear that made him stare at me with concern.

"He was adamant not to share with you about the condition. Actually... he met with an accident and..." I was already sobbing as he was narrating about the event. My mind was not in a condition to register the logical stuff he was uttering. Flashes of the past kept revolving every second. I was afraid of losing him. I was scared of history repeating itself.

I drew a series of breaths. Held my uneven breath in control. Attempting to not get triggered by the flashes. "Aarohi, are you fine?" His arms were soon wrapped around my shoulder. Those set of mischievous orbs glancing at me with concern.

"I..." It was getting difficult to breathe, to calm down.

"Shh... calm down..." he attempted to comfort me.

"I want to meet him..." I mumbled in between my sobs. He stared at me in concern not voicing a word. "Please..." I could feel him on the verge of denying it.

"But on one condition, you aren't going to panic." His orbs were staring at me with concern as if he was uncertain about his decision. But the way he voiced those words was further driving me into the pool of anxiety. I attempted to assure him that I won't but I could feel it in his orbs that he was confirmed that I would lose my calm, the minute I would glance at Yash.

~~••~~

The entire ride was met with silence. Abhijeet seemed lost in thoughts, contradicting his decision of taking me to Yash. Not able to hold my anxiousness back, I voiced my anxiety. "He is fine? Why hadn't he contacted me for the past few days if he was in the city? Has the accident made severe harm?" A number of questions were jumping into my mind. Why was the situation warning me that it was worse than anticipated?