𝔳𝔦. chapter six.

𝖁𝕴 : Something Wicked This Way Comes.

"THE WEATHER'S TERRIBLE. WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GO WITH ELENA?"

Alaska grimaced, picking up on the subdued irritation in Jenna's voice. She could practically picture her highly strung aunt, sitting near the kitchen counter, surrounded by a large stack of college related papers, a pen being anxiously twirled between her fingers as she kept imagining the worst outcomes of her niece's reluctance to travel in cars. Even during the night.

"The weather looks fine to me, aunt Jenna," Alaska sighed, her tone placative. She pressed her phone to her other ear, leaning her chest against Caroline's SUV that idled in the cul-de-sac, resting one of her elbows on the roof as she watched the pulsating party from afar. "I did get here safely. Didn't I? Besides, it's not like I walked all the way here. I have my bike with me. I don't know what you're so worried about."

"What I'm worried about? Really?" Alaska heard her let out a scoff of disbelief. "Please pray tell, how are you planning get back home tonight?"

"Um. . . by my bike?"

"No!" Jenna shrieked, causing the brunette to almost drop her phone. "Jesus! You're the mature one out of the four of us, Alaska! You can't stress me out like this. You are not allowed too!"

Alaska's mouth fell open in bewilderment. "Wha-"

"You cannot just pedal home so late at night, alright? It's not safe. Either come with Elena or let me pick you up!"

Alaska swallowed a large breath, trying to ignore the prickle in her skin at the thought of getting inside a car. She shook her head and let out a dry chuckle "Are you trying to take up the role of my youth pastor or something? Cause I'm super confused right now. It's a party, Janna. I'm not jumping into a ring of fire. You're the one who encouraged me to come."

"With safety precautions."

"This isn't tartarus."

"I can't be the cool aunt when you're doing stupid things like this, Alaska."

Alaska furrowed her eyebrows. "You've never had problems with my bike before."

"I don't have problems with your bike. I have problems with the complete disregard you have for your own safety. It's night time."

"It's Mystic Falls, aunt Jenna!" Alaska exclaimed rather loudly, causing Caroline, who was sitting on the bonnet of her car, to raise an amused eyebrow at her.

"Don't yell at me, young lady!"

Alaska almost snorted at her aunt's miserable attempt at being stern. From her peripheral vision, she could see Caroline tuning into the conversation with an amused look in her eyes. The brunette ignored her friend and took a deep breath, trying her best to not sound off balanced. "Okay. You know what? For your sake, I will catch a ride with Bonnie and Elena tonight and I'll have Francis drop off my bike later on," she lied through her teeth before adding meekly. "Happy?"