Birthday

Florence

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Florence, happy birthday to youuu!"

A smile instantly meets my face when I open the door and see Cameron and Isabella standing in front of me. Both really took their time while getting ready and actually put on something nice for a change. Bella is the first one to embrace me into a long hug, Cameron following right after her.

"Aww thank you guys for coming", I respond to their warm welcome and let them enter the house. "Of course, it's not everyday that your best friend turns 25! You're basically in your late twenties now", Cameron declares while putting down his shoes. I laugh at his comment and then lead my friends into the living room where Rachel is already seated at the table.

She gets up to quickly greet the two. It's not like there is any bad blood between her and my friends, they just never really hit it off together. That's why I usually hang out with them alone while she is at work, but for today I wanted all of them together.

"So Rachel, what are you gonna do when Florence is so popular that everyone wants to be with her", Isabella cheerfully starts talking. My girlfriend sitting next to me starts smiling and puts her hand on top of mine. "Well, I guess we're just continuing to live like we used to do. But I will be sure to let the people know that this girl already has her significant other." I blush at her response and gently place a kiss on her cheek. What can I say, I like it when she's protective over me.

The conversation seems to run smoothly for the next minutes but I catch myself looking at my phone every few seconds. Why hasn't she texted?

Cameron who probably picked up on it expresses his confusion: "Flo, why are you starring at your phone the whole time?" I sigh and look back at him. "I'm not starring. It's just that Lizzie hasn't texted me today and I'm kind of worried."

Suddenly Isabella starts laughing at me. "Haha, you're just sad that she forgot about your birthday!" Rachel raises one of her eyebrows and sends me a disapproving look. I quickly respond: "No, I'm just surprised because she was excited for it. For her to not text at all is unusual."

In that moment the doorbell starts to ring. I turn towards Rachel to see if she had invited anyone else but the blonde also just shrugs her shoulders. When I open the door, it's no other than Elizabeth Olsen herself who has found her way to my house.
"Surprise! Happy birthday Flo!", the actress shouts excitedly and then embraces me in to a hug.

I can't stop the smile from spreading across my face. "Lizzie! What are you doing here?" The other woman was also beaming of happiness. "Well I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world. So not gonna lie, I was a little hurt when I heard about your birthday party and I wasn't even invited by the host herself", she playfully added which made me scratch my head nervously.

"I just thought that maybe you didn't want to meet my friends and girlfriend, so I didn't want to pressure you into coming", I quickly respond while Lizzie is looking at me with amusement. "Are you kidding me, I'm dying to meet them! So when Cameron contacted me on Instagram, I immediately told him I would come."

Of course it was Cameron. Can't even be mad at the bastard, he did great.

"Whatever, I'm really glad that you are here now", I tell her whilst showing the way to the living room. Hopefully my house is pretty enough for her.

Arriving in the living room, Isabella and Cameron are already waiting eagerly to meet my famous actress friend. It doesn't take more than five seconds and Lizzie has already hugged both of them. I'm just standing besides them and watch their conversation with great joy. I was already worried about how to introduce them to each other, but I didn't expect it to work so well.