Chapter 50

Jin POV:

As I headed out of the apartment, I couldn't stop the guilty feelings that were coursing through me. From the look of hurt on her face I knew I had messed up. The other members had been right. She had been nothing but nice to me, but I let my emotions get the best of me. Seeing her standing in front of me like that, hearing the word she had said to NamJoon, had been enough to tear my heart in two. The way she had said she loved him and the sincerity in her voice had been enough to make me realize just what I was missing out on.

Once in the parking garage, I got into my car and slam the door behind me. Leaning my head back against the seat, I tried to calm the emotions that were threatening to take over me. Why had I done that? Why had I said those words to her? I knew the others would want my head on a silver platter if they found out what I had done. Especially Yoongi. Our relationship was still a little stilted and I knew this would only make it worse. Much worse.

Knowing I couldn't stay there, I started the car and pulled out of the garage, heading towards my own apartment on the other side of the complex. I had been surprised when they had moved into Hannam the Hill, but ultimately knew it was for their own safety. It was one of the most secure places in Seoul and we knew we were safe here. It was why I was trying to convince Mi-suk to stay here even though I knew she wanted me to move. Part of me wondered if she just didn't want me to live so close to my other members, but I pushed the thought aside. I hated having these negative thoughts about her, even though I knew they were right.

The ringing of my phone pulled me from my thoughts and my heart stuttered in my chest when I saw Namjoon's name. Fuck! Y/N must have called him and told him what I said! I knew he was going to rip me apart for it, but I hesitantly pressed the accept button. "H-hello?"

"Jin-hyung? I hate bothering you on your break, but the rest of us are here at the company. Manager-nim wanted to meet with all of us about the plans for the new album." Namjoon's voice sounded normal, no animosity at all, and it made me curious. Did she not call him?

"Um... sure. I'll be... I'll be there shortly."

"Thanks hyung." Namjoon disconnected the call and I couldn't help but feel uneasy. Why did he sound so normal? Why didn't he sound pissed at me? Shaking my head, I turned my car in the direction of the company. She probably didn't tell him yet. Maybe she didn't want to bother him at work. I didn't know. I knew if it had been Mi-suk, she would already be on the phone yelling at me, telling me that she had been disrespected and demanding I do something about it. Why did Y/N seem so different?

Distracted by my own thoughts, the drive to the company was quicker than expected and soon I was pulling into the garage. Parking my car, I got out and took a deep breath, hoping things would go smoothly. The last thing I needed was to get into yet another disagreement with my members. I understood why Yoongi was still upset with me, but I didn't know how to make it better. I knew I owed Y/N an apology. Not just for what happened during that first meeting, but for the nonsense I just spouted.

Knowing I needed to get this over with, I headed towards the elevator, returning greetings and waving at familiar people. After being with the same company for so long, I knew most everyone and it was nice to see smiles and hear everyone say hello. It made me feel seen, something I didn't always feel with Mi-suk, something I felt with Y/N.

Stepping out of the elevator, I walked down the hall to our normal conference room. I could see the other members already there and when I sat down next to Jimin, he gave me a small smile, one that I could see didn't reach his eyes. Feeling uneasy, I put a hand on his shoulder. "Jimin-ah? You okay?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah. Just worried about Y/N."

"Why?" The uneasy feeling grew but when he didn't show any anger, it started to fade.