5 || finish your plate

| CHAPTER FIVE
| finish your plate

| CHAPTER FIVE| finish your plate

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

It had been a little over two weeks since Genevieve's music video had been recorded, and my writing was still a little rusty. I did complete one song, and I had a few drafts with potential, but I only had two weeks left to turn those into three new songs.

I could use a distraction from all this, so I picked up my sister from school and drove her straight to my dad's restaurant to get something to eat.

"Did you even listen to anything I had to say?" she asked, snapping me out of my trance. I looked up from my sandwich and she raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"Something about Molly liking some boy?" I tried. A wild guess, but not a crazy one.

"No," she groaned. "I was talking about Rosalyn."

"Same difference," I mumbled, taking a hit of the sandwich one of my dad's employees had just handed us.

"Where's Dad anyway?" I asked. My sister shrugged and started on her food too, looking in the general direction of the counter.

"I'm wondering something," she mentioned.

She continued eating her food in silence, but for whatever reason, she had to glance up every few seconds just to watch me, only for her to look around her again.

"What is it?" I asked her. The constant looking up and down from her plate to me was starting to get on my nerves.

"Do you even have any friends?"

The question caught me off guard. I was expecting her to tell me the food tasted weird, or that I was acting differently, but not this. It was too random.

"Gen? My band? Of course I have friends."

She put her sandwich down on her plate and crossed her arms.

"Let me rephrase that. Do you have any friends you actually spend time with outside of work? Because it's kinda sad how you wanted to hang out with your fifteen-year-old little sister yet all you can think to do is eat at your dad's restaurant. We could've gone out to some theme park, or even watch a movie."

"You really didn't have to say all that." Now she had me burning my brain thinking of the last time I properly hung out with anyone. My memory went back to a few years ago when me and my ex-girlfriend saw a movie together. And how we used to go to the beach with an entire group of people. I guess I had kind of been left behind out here. I also didn't have the privilege to do normal human activities without being followed around anymore.