8 || guessing game

| CHAPTER EIGHT
| guessing game

| CHAPTER EIGHT| guessing game

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

I could barely remember anyone's name, and that made things a little awkward as I got tiend into a conversation with the dancers.

"Remember the last day of shooting and you like, bolted away?" one of the guys asked me. The entire group started laughing, and I didn't know what to say.

I smiled, pretending to understand the humor, but I didn't find it that funny at all considering I had a panic attack, but they didn't know that, and they didn't have to.

"Stop teasing him," one of the girls said, rolling her eyes. "Especially you, Benedict. You fell off the platform."

I could tell my the line between his eyebrows he was gonna say something, but he didn't get the chance to reply as the other girl cut in.

"Wait, are the cupcakes gone? No!" she said, looking through the boxes as though there would be any more underneath.

"About that, have you ever considered making edibles?" the girl from earlier asked.

I didn't know how to answer that, but luckily for me, Benedict decided to do it for me.

"He's a rich famous teenage boy, Tina. Do you really think he started baking because he wanted fresh baked goods but couldn't get them?"

Tina totally ignored him, instead talking to the girl whose name I remembered as Marilee now. "We should invite him to Caleb's party," Tina told her. "You could make them, right?"

"I'm sorry," I said. Not because I couldn't make them, but simply because I didn't want to. I hadn't done any type of drug for about half a year now, and I wasn't planning on restarting that habit until it became a problem. Besides, I never wanted to meet these people ever again. There was no way I'd agree to get another party with them, unless absolutely necessary.

"Oh well, at least I tried," she said with a shrug. "If you ever change your mind, though, send me a DM."

"He's not some drugs dealer, T. Drop it, oh my god."

Everyone laughed, and I really started to feel out of place. I looked around to find Oakley and Genevieve laughing about something, and his eyes met mine for just the tiniest moment.

"The party could've been so fire if it weren't for him," Marilee said. My head snapped back at her.

"How so?"

"Gen's parties are literally the best, but whenever he's around, she has these strict rules, making it a family friendly thing."

"Mari," Benedict said. "He has some serious mental issues and she's like her little brother. You're really that bothered about not having a drink?"